Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 2004 Pontiac GTO

o-man

AMT snap kit.

photo-vi.jpg

Didn't snap together as easy as the Ford GT kit I finished a few weeks ago. Had to enlarge most of the holes. Headlight detail all but non existent. Fairly detailed chassis and interior. A pain to get front of chassis to sit all the way down, and when it did, the hood didn't fit right. Painted Rustoleum Metallic Bronze with Krylon clear. Interior Krylon Brown Boots and semi-gloss black.

Engine
photo-vi.jpg

Chassis detailed.
photo3-vi.jpg

Wheels and rotors before paint.
photo4-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg

Interior.
photo-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg

Nice build, not a common one for sure. Are those wheels/tires stock?

No, Fujimi 17" BBS wheels with resin rotors made by our own admin Casey

Did your kit actually have a chromed tree? Mine had the tree but it wasn't chromed.

Yes, mine came chromed.

My brother has a real '94 GTO with 3,000 miles. It's black with red interior. If anybody needs detail photos, let me know.

'94?! :P

Why so few miles? Hoping it may be worth a bit in about 20 years? Please post a few pics if you don't mind.

O-man

He has several cars and this one sits alot. He put on 2000 miles the first year, but sort of lost interest over the past few years. The cars sits in a heated garage all year round. As a result, even the brake rotors and calipers are as shiney as the day it rolled off the truck at the dealership. It was March of '04 and was such a rare sight for most people that a guy spotted the GTO on the trailer and followed it to the dealership.

There were little if any extra options available on these GTOs. They came with A/C, power windows, power door locks, Blaupunkt radio and red leather seats. No moon roofs or other usual items. List price was $33,000.

The '04 is unique from '05s and '06s in a few ways. They have no hood scoop, have a 5.7 litre engine and exhausts exit on the same side in the rear.