Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat Rod Pete 359

• 2 weeks later...

I have not forgotten about the build, just this time of year my company gets a lot of ads in and I am slammed, plus the landlord of the house we are renting decided to do an extreme makeover of the house on the outside, new paint gutters and a new roof, the only thing is I work graveyard so no sleep for a week!!!!!! did get some primer on the parts, starting some to see color if only in primer.....

IMG_0909.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_0914.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_0916.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

Thanks guys, that may be it for a bit, at least till Christmas. I just got my final work schedule in and I will be working very long days straight thru the 23 of December.  I will be getting almost two weeks off with pay from Christmas to the 3rd of Janauary and I plan to get this thing if not near completion at least the final wiring, plumbing, and a lot of color on this baby. I want to see it completed soon, then I will jump on the transportor and get that thing well underway.

• 1 month later...

I did not get much of anything done on this over the holidays, I came across another project that took all my time... the 1/16th scale firebird, doing a full off custom lowrider and that took all my time. I did last night get an over head console and the pattern for the headliner done.

Darren you were asking about the inside of the cabinets for the hauler a few pages back. Did you find an answer for this truck? The ones my Dad had made for our bus camper were just wide open boxes that he put tool boxes in and blocks for leveling or whatever he thought we needed. You could put shelves in if want to no way to. 

This is looking very cool.

10 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Darren you were asking about the inside of the cabinets for the hauler a few pages back. Did you find an answer for this truck? The ones my Dad had made for our bus camper were just wide open boxes that he put tool boxes in and blocks for leveling or whatever he thought we needed. You could put shelves in if want to no way to. 

This is looking very cool.

1930fordpickup, have not found any good photos from the net, did a huge search but found nothing usable, that is why I was thinking of leaving them with maybe one shelve and put some chains, toolboxes, and things like that in them. Thank you for the info. I noticed your near the Ohio Michigan border? I was born oh the Michigan Indiana border.

Edited by Darren B

13 hours ago, Darren B said:

1930fordpickup, have not found any good photos from the net, did a huge search but found nothing usable, that is why I was thinking of leaving them with maybe one shelve and put some chains, toolboxes, and things like that in them. Thank you for the info. I noticed your near the Ohio Michigan border? I was born oh the Michigan Indiana border.

I would say that would be perfect from the trucks I have seen with boxes. Mostly wreckers from a place by older brother worked at years ago. The farmer's I know make them work for them with things that stay in there all the time and things that come and go.

Yes I grew up 1 mile north of the border, my buddies great aunt's house was in Ohio but her front porch was in Michigan.  

On 1/30/2018 at 1:57 AM, 1930fordpickup said:

I would say that would be perfect from the trucks I have seen with boxes. Mostly wreckers from a place by older brother worked at years ago. The farmer's I know make them work for them with things that stay in there all the time and things that come and go.

Yes I grew up 1 mile north of the border, my buddies great aunt's house was in Ohio but her front porch was in Michigan.  

Brings back fond memories growing up in Michigan. Thank you for the info on the boxes. I know now how I will do them, maybe one shelve at best and a bunch of gear. Thank you.

3 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Wow that headliner is awesome 

What product did you use for that pattern or material it adds so much to an overlooked area

Thanks gotnitro?. It’s a foam that you buy at hobby lobby. Comes in a 50 pack with 25 different colors and I use a straight edge and a round wheel to make the lines and a round metal pick to make the buttons and empressions. I have a quick tutorial on this board on how to do it. When I get a chance to look it up I post it. I may do another one since I refined it since the last tut.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:32 PM, Darren B said:

Thanks gotnitro?. It’s a foam that you buy at hobby lobby. Comes in a 50 pack with 25 different colors and I use a straight edge and a round wheel to make the lines and a round metal pick to make the buttons and empressions. I have a quick tutorial on this board on how to do it. When I get a chance to look it up I post it. I may do another one since I refined it since the last tut.

That looks great!  I want to try that too!!!

18 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

That looks great!  I want to try that too!!!

I did not locate the thread I found on anther site. I do have a go pro but no way of uploading it to a site right now. My laptop needs a new keyboard. Right now I just have an ipad but will take some photos and explain the process that should do it, It is really easy how I do this. Should have on here this afternoon....

Edited by Darren B