Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW 67' cal look beetle

herrvee

Love those wheels! The first "Cal Look" edition of Hot VW's shows up on eBay every once in a while, great reference material.

Never found or could afford a set of BRMs for my oval window Cal Look Bug. I settled for chrome steel wheels 15 X4-1/2 & 5-1/2 running topper with genuine 356 hubcaps running on Perelli 135's front and 185's rear. Lots of guys ran that same combination which looked clean and cool. Fun little car got lots of complements.

Nice job on the twin muffler and T bars. Is the Hurst shifter fabricated too?

I had a `67 Cal Look back in the 80's. Sweet car, wish I had it now…..

yes the shifter is fabricated, it is more inspired by a Berg one than a Hurst, the late one has a differente shape than this.

What tires are you using to get the right big and little effect? I have a bunch of VW projects ready and waiting. I did get a set of the BRM's. :)

Kevin

front tires are from a 2cv tamya kit, rear from my spare box, waiting for almost 20 years in it, they are racemaster super stock, 8.00*15, old mpc origins if I remember well, If an historian of the tire in scale can confirm my telling....

Edited by herrvee