Model Cars Magazine Forum

FIRE FROG! Futuristic Off Road Racer. WIP Photos!

Ira

ADVANCED HARDWARE!

I found these parts in the AMT Star Wars, X-Wing Fighter and the Podracer. I'm going to use these parts for an Anti-Gravity Generator and Clean Environmental System Parts for the Frog.

DSCN0013F_zps10e8d570.jpg

Here is the Hardware after a little Modification and Paint. I also found two radiators which will be used for the Clean Environment System. There is also an access door from a Tank Kit.

DSCN0617F_zpsb4da7e5d.jpg

I applied a wash with "The Detailer" Black. This brings out a lot of detail.

DSCN0623F_zps482a990c.jpg

More Coming... B)

SCI-FI INTERIOR!

These parts from the AMT Pod Racer fit right into the Ferrari Door Panels. The Door and Bubble Controls, Speakers and Air Vents are all in the Door Panel Now.

DSCN0644F_zpsb4160be6.jpg

I cut the Button Panel from the other Pod Racer Parts and glued it to the dashboard. Then I sanded the Gauge Area nice and smooth. Next I used Vallejo Flat Black and hand painted the Digital Display. I just started using this Vallejo Paint and it seems to level itself out flat, the Digital Display is very smooth...

DSCN0669F_zps766329e9.jpg

Here are the AMT X-Wing Fighter Parts in place. The Air Vent was cut to fit between the Generators. This assembly includes Anti-Gravity Generators, Air Cleaning Engines and an Air Vent.

DSCN0678F_zps25c7ea90.jpg

More Coming... B)

THE DRIVER!

The Driver is from a Revell Indy Car Kit. I added a piece of plastic between the arms and his shoulders to make them wider. Now he can reach the Dual Joysticks.

DSCN0636F_zps1435e49f.jpg

The Seatbelt Decals worked Great! Nice Detail. The driver was painted Flat White with Blue Gloves and Shoes. A wash of "The Detailer" Black, was applied over the White and when it dried I sprayed him with Testors Dullcoat.

DSCN0730F_zps72ce6184.jpg

More Coming... B)

4.6 LITER-300+ HORSEPOWER!

Got the Mustang GT Engine, Radiator and Oil Cooler in place.

DSCN0694F_zpsf6f60e9e.jpg

I used the Intake System from the Mustang Kit, but I did have to reshape the Ducting to fit. After all of the small parts are attached, I'll go back to do touch-up painting.

DSCN0752F_zps79969565.jpg

More Coming... B)

WOW......Does that look awesome..!!! It just POPS with those flames on the bright green paint. Ira, your imagination and scratchbuilding skills are just amazing.

Thanks for the kind words Rich!

I really appreciate it... B)

REAR END!

I found this Ferrari Transaxle and cut it down to fit the Frog. This will fit between the Moonscope Rear Axle Parts.

DSCN0755F_zpsbfec577c.jpg

Here is the Moonscope Rear Axle. It was cut in half and positioned on either side of the Transaxle. This made the Moonscope Rear Axle wide enough for the Fire Frog. I added a section of Rocket Engine between the axle halves to fill it in.

DSCN0767F_zps5b1c8ae0.jpg

The Shocks attach to the Moonscope Mounts on the body. The rods were attached to the underside later.

DSCN0759F_zpsc06b0693.jpg

More Coming... B)

UP ON ALL FOURS!

I attached the front axle and then put on the Wheels and Tires. Headlights and Tailights have also been added. The headlights are and extra set of Gran Turismo Tailights painted white.

DSCN0770F_zpsb8023f69.jpg

Front View.

DSCN0783F_zps75e08599.jpg

Rear View.

DSCN0781F_zps969878ab.jpg

More Coming... B)