Model Cars Magazine Forum

FIRE FROG! Futuristic Off Road Racer. WIP Photos!

Ira

DASHING!

I cut down the Gran Turismo dashboard to fit the Frog. Then I sanded off the raised gauges. I'll replace the gauges with a digital display later.

DSCN0292F_zpsf85aa6c3.jpg

With a little more cutting it fits!

DSCN0421F_zpsc3eb0302.jpg

More Coming... B)

FROG BASE!

I am making a Display Base for the Fire Frog. This plastic base is from a Sea Quest Submarine Model. The Frog will be elevated above the base with 1/8th inch Acrylic Rod. This Acrylic Rod is almost Invisible! It will fit into the Square Tubing, mounted inside of the Frog.

DSCN0432F_zps89136581.jpg

Then I drilled a hole in the Frame Rail for the Acrylic Rod. I located the mounting hole as near to the Center of the Frog as possible.

DSCN0436F_zpsfea573d5.jpg

Next I glued a length of Square Tubing over the Hole in the Frame Rail. Then I cut a little square piece of plastic and glued it on top of the Tubing.

DSCN0441F_zpsc4c08076.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

CLEAR ROD!

I drilled a hole through the Bell Pan that lined up with the Frame Rail Hole and the Square Tube. The Clear Acrylic Rod fits through here.

DSCN0444F_zps1b3f086f.jpg

Instead of suspending the Frog Parallel with the Base. I decided to position the Frog on a Wild Angle. I drilled a hole and fit the Clear Rod in place.

DSCN0447F_zpsc56e4ee7.jpg

Then I glued the Rod against the inside of the Base.

DSCN0455F_zps35c7de46.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

FLYING FROGS!!!

Here is the mock-up of Fire Frog flying off a Jump, over the Rocks!

DSCN0458F_zpsa928b426.jpg

Here is another angle.

DSCN0459F_zps2297edbc.jpg

There goes the Frog! The Fire Frog will be displayed both ways, Flying through the air or on its Big Wide Tires on the Ground.

DSCN0464F_zps3e2c60c8.jpg

More Coming... B)

PRIME TIME!

Here is the Frog with a couple coats of Dupli-Color Filler/Primer. This Primer hides a lot of flaws. Did a little more sanding, looks pretty smooth...

DSCN0477F_zps037ce3b7.jpg

I re-scribed the door lines. I use a Needle Scribe first, then a larger scribe. I gently pull the Scribes in the lines and go over the lines several times. I used a Number 11 X-Acto blade to cut New Lines were necessary.

DSCN0486F_zps532dedb0.jpg

Just a little more putty and sanding, and the Frog will be ready some Green!

DSCN0490F_zps1c7acee2.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Ira, you make everything seem so simple, and , in fact it may be. You just have the patience and courage backed with experience to make it work. It's a blast watching you work man!

Thanks for the kind words Gene!

So glad you like it... B)