Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some of you may or may not know that my "day job" is a race photographer. Sometimes this job includes selling photos to racers and teams, etc. Well, one of my dreams has always been to fix up our trailer and equip it to do photo editing, printing, and sales right on site at the race track. And since I can't afford to do this in real life what better than to at least build a model of what it might look like.

Trailer5855-vi.jpg

So here it is. Of course I used a Galaxie trailer kit. As an aside it's funny that, for being basically just a simple box, this thing is pretty fussy to build. But I digress.

Trailer5857-vi.jpg

Here's an overall view of the inside. Just about everything you see here is scratch built from Evergreen styrene shapes and sheet.

Trailer5861-vi.jpg

Here's the "customer entrance". All of the photos on the walls are mine, reduced to size and printed on photo paper. The frames for the photos are made from Evergreen square stock painted flat black.

Trailer5858-vi.jpg

The lap top on the right side of the counter is used by the "sales clerk" (me probably) to help the customer see the photo he wants on the larger slave monitor on the left.

Trailer5859-vi.jpg

Behind the sale counter is my work area with another lap top and a printer. Both are scratch built. The lap top's "keyboard" is simply a photo, reduced to scale size in Photoshop and printed on glossy photo paper. The printer and stool are also scratched from Evergreen. The overhead cabinets are for storage of supplies and equipment.

Trailer5860-vi.jpg

At the front of the trailer is a closet for coats and jackets, a microwave, the face of which is another photo, a small refrigerator, and a few drawers for whatever.

Anyway, while I may never do this for real, it was fun to build in scale.

Trailer5856-vi.jpg

Nice Drew, maybe you could sell model cars and decals out of your trailer as well. I got hooked on model cars when I was a kid. My Dad took me to a dirt track, Jennerstown Speedway (it was dirt then). There was a vendor there selling built-up models of the race cars - $10 each if I remember correctly. That was a lot of money back then so Dad shot down purchasing one. I bought my first kit soon thereafter when I had enough money. Been building every since.

Edited by afx