Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International ProStar build. Cab mounted, 6-21-14

Looks great, Man....The interior is just the best....And that red on the engine looks great with the rest of the truck.....You might consider cutting a little off the front cab mounts to level it off a little more, though....I've had to do that on both Prostar builds I did....Should make it much more to your liking, but I really like this build.....Where you corrected the quarter fenders and the frame extension is great, and that interior....Man, that interior.....Keep it up....

Edited by kilrathy10

Fantastic job there, Batman. I love all the interior stuff. Makes it look like the truck is "in use". The CB is quite convincing.

Thanks Jim! I just tried to remember all the junk I had in my 1:1 when I was driviving.

To tell a funny story, Batman was my C.B. handle. In 2000, I went to work for a truck driving school in Joplin Mo. called Hook Up Driving Acadamy(they are no longer in business thank God). They gave me a road test to see if I was good enough to teach OTR driving. It was nightime and the instructor and I drove to Nevada M0. to catch up with the students. We caught up, and started back towards Jopin. At one point I saw something fly past the front of the truck. The instructor and I arrived back, dropped the trailer, and pulled the truck inside the shop. Some of the students were standing in front of the truck, and started laughing. I got out and asked what was up. They pointed to the grill... There, stuck to the grill was a large bat, spread eagle. From then on, all the students called me Batman... :lol:

Looks great, Man....The interior is just the best....And that red on the engine looks great with the rest of the truck.....You might consider cutting a little off the front cab mounts to level it off a little more, though....I've had to do that on both Prostar builds I did....Should make it much more to your liking, but I really like this build.....Where you corrected the quarter fenders and the frame extension is great, and that interior....Man, that interior.....Keep it up....

Thanks J.T. I've thought about the cab mounts. I read where you had told another person about the hang up. I worked on the quarter fenders and interior doing what I could, but the all the credit goes to you for the frame extension. I wouldn't have been able to do it without your knowledge and help. So thank you for that my friend!!!

what did you use for the cd cases? they look really good

Thanks Matt! I used some clear plastic from a package (this package had contained a Dremel grinder bit). I took the photo etched CD's and glued each one to the clear plastic. Then took another square of clear plastic, and glued that on top of the CD's.

Great looking truck and love the interior and personal touches...

Thanks Carl! I'm having fun doing the little things on it. I've got the hood mounted, but that was a pain in the rump roast. I'm making some things to add that were on the truck, and then I can call this done! :D

Edited by Custom Hearse

I don't know... I've never seen any vents. The only thing I've seen are the sidebox doors.

Thanks for the compliment!

COOOOOLLLL!!! I definetely appreciate it! B)

First off, nice jon so far Marshall! I see you had the old Qualcomm, I had the new MCP200 touchscreen in my Pete. :)

As for the question on the vents, Crete uses some sort of APU unit that takes up the passenger side sidebox.

crete-carrier-office_zps756d7489.jpg

I'm not sure if they are diesel or electrical, but behind the vents there is a fan. I'll see if I can remember when I see one at work again if I can find out more information on them.

Looks good only thing I see out of place is dual exhaust on a bare bones company truck. Let alone even straight pipes.

Yeah... My Werner truck only had a single exhaust, but the stack was a straight pipe strangly enough. I thought about making it a single stack, but I do love duel stacks, so I fudged a bit on that.

Thanks for the compliment Travis!

Yeah... My Werner truck only had a single exhaust, but the stack was a straight pipe strangly enough. I thought about making it a single stack, but I do love duel stacks, so I fudged a bit on that.

Thanks for the compliment Travis!

That's all thanks to those huge mufflers and DPF filters in the exhaust system nowadays. They're too big to hang like the old mufflers. My 13 Cascadia at work doesn't even have a stack, it's a grass burner!