Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bandai 1/16 GT40 from late 1960's

vamach1

I picked this up from a Ebay seller this week. I've been on the hunt for one for many years at a decent price.

Needless to say I finally scored one. I have not inspected the kit but it looks pretty good.

I have to consider it's a Japanese kit and it was designed to be motorized.

I'll have to look at it piece by piece to give a full report.

For now enjoy pictures of a really rare kit that you just do not see very often.

post-13094-0-39454300-1393293056_thumb.j

post-13094-0-97793900-1393293060_thumb.j

• 9 years later...

Anybody have any more insight into this kit? I'd kinda like a 1/16 GT40 to keep my Miura and C111 company, but I don't want to have to get into a lot of re-sculpting of the body to correct proportions.

From what I can tell from looking at the sprues online, the wheels are entirely wrong, but that's not a deal breaker.

How are the lines? Does the body look right, or is it another badly misshapen lump?

Gramps46 should have more insight on the kit.  Mine is boxed up in storage.  I’m sure you will never hear anyone say this is the most accurate GT40 MKI available.  😉. However, it’s the only one in this scale and if you never built one it will hold it’s value since the chances of it ever be reissued are slim to none.