Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ford Torino GT, new pics added 3/14/14

bogger44

Thanks Bruce.

I made good on my word and took a few pics of it this morning with it's big brother Cobra. Had some fun trying to get a little creative with a couple of the shots. The Cobra was built 4-5 years ago, before I ventured into BMF. Built it stock other than raising the rear a little. I did the body color overspray on the chassis on this one as well, even included some of the paint daubs on the suspension, driveshaft, and such.

torinogt085_zps0483305a.jpg

torinogt054_zps72c2cc88.jpg

torinogt091_zpse2a9262d.jpg

torinogt069_zpsd1a48fa6.jpg

torinogt065_zps79004374.jpg

torinogt060_zps20ca02f7.jpg

torinogt049_zps125f78ad.jpg

torinogt081_zps0dbf74af.jpg

The brothers posing together is a great shot, Tony! I like them both. Great job! Just now, I pulled my Cobra from the shelf and dusted it off. I built it shortly after the kit first came out and I used the Model Master Lacquer System for the first time and I wasn't happy with all the orange peel that I attributed to my inexperience with lacquer. Today, lacquer is my favorite paint...go figure! When I get around to building my second Cobra, I hope to be able to build it as well as you built yours!

Sharp builds..I like the color choice, graphics and wheels on both of 'em. I love the look of the '70-71 Torinos..

Speaking of '70-71 Torinos, I'd love to see a kit or resin conversion for a '70 Ranchero GT...(IIRC one of the resin casters made one about 15 years ago).

Edited by Rob Hall