Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fishing Joke

slusher

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms.
Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth
I grabbed him right behind the head,
took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit.
So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth.

His eyes rolled back, he went limp.
I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.
There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth

• 2 weeks later...

That's funny!

Reminds me of my favorite fishing story.

Game warden notices one crusty old guy always has his daily limit out of a large pond, even when other fishermen rarely catch more than one fish a day. The other fishermen who frequent the lake have all varieties of fancy new gear, but the old guy just uses a cane pole and a battered creel.

This goes on quite a while, and finally the game warden can't help himself. He spots the old guy returning from a fishing trip with another load of fish. He stops him and inquires into his success. The old guy tells him, "I just fish." The old guy revealed no secret strategies or formulas, but said it all depended on the bait. The warden tells the old guy he wished he could fish like that, and before you know it, the old guy invites the warden to go along - on his next day off.

Warden show up on his day off and gets in the old guy's boat. They row out to the far side of the lake and stop where the old guy says a lot of fish are ready for the taking. Barely containing his excitement, the warden readies his rod and reel for the old guy's special bait. The old guy reaches into his creel and pulls out a stick of dynamite . . . he lights it and tosses into the lake. Boom! A bunch of stunned fish surface and the old guy nets half his daily limit.

Warden is shocked! He says, "You can't do that! It's illegal! You can't throw dynamite into the lake to bring fish up! I can't believe you did that. And right in front of me. You can't do that!"

The old guy pulls another stick of dynamite out of the creel, lights it, and hands it to the warden, who absent mindedly grasps it. The old guy says, "Now. You gonna keep jabbering on, or you gonna fish?"