Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang. 67

X-trim

• 1 month later...

your car looks great....now I have a question. I have a 1:1 67 stang, and I was wonder ing what the difference was between the 66 and the 67. I noticed the seats and the center console are wrong for my car. but were there any major differences between the two years??? sorry if that's a dumb question

67 is totally different from a 66. Basically it breaks down like this. 64.5-66, 67-68,69-70,71-73,74-78,79-93,94-98,99-04,05-09,10-14. Each year in these groups had slight changes but shared platforms. Example 69/70 same platform but nose and tail differences. Technically from 79-04 the fox platform was basically the same even though the sheet metal was different. Back to your question though. For 67 the platform was bigger and the engine bay enlarged to take the 390 fe series engine that was new for 67 in the mustang. The interiors were changed a bit as well. Too many changes to jot down to be honest. If you want to know something specific I can help. Worked on and owned just about every year mustang lol

Cool. Did Motor City get the rear window right? Knowing him I'd say yes. Resin coupes I've had in the past from other casters just popped a 66 roof on and called it done, the rear window shape is quite different on a 67

I bought one once that had a '69 Grande roof grafted on...

Nice work, Ulf !

mike