Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fenderless Ford (dealer show piece)

Lovefordgalaxie

This was a two day job.

Had the idea when a friend came to use my compressor, and saw me working on my next build, a 1932 Ford. He asked why not to build a fenderless Ford.

Like my '32 is going to be stock to the bone, that was a discarded idea. By other hand I remembered a picture of a Ford dealer show room back in 1957...

Had to do some modifications to the frame, so it can be displayed just by itself, but I think it turned out ok.

13393536904_1aa3a6d6c0_c.jpg
13393203965_cf5a08e01b_c.jpg
13393220505_bcaa1368c7_c.jpg
13393237475_2ce6a3d318_c.jpg
13393411523_b390409d70_c.jpg
This one I just couldn't resist doing:
The visible Ford:

That looks great Tulio. Nice job.

It reminds me of a display piece that a departed modeler named Joe Cavorley made about 20 or 25 years ago showing all the assembled chassis parts for a '32 Ford plus some other parts all mounted in a Ford display truck.

Thanks guys!!!

Nice, great idea, well done. Probably not as easy as it looks at first glance. I was thinking about the top side of the gas tank and mufflers. What else was added?

The top of the fuel tank actually is present on the kit!! I had to fill the top side of the frame rails and mufflers. Also opened the holes where the screws that keep the body and frame together go.

I'll still add the shifter linkage, but that's about all.

Thanks guys!!!

The top of the fuel tank actually is present on the kit!! I had to fill the top side of the frame rails and mufflers. Also opened the holes where the screws that keep the body and frame together go.

I'll still add the shifter linkage, but that's about all.

I love it Tulio. Maybe a seat so it could be driven? I don't know what you could mount it to though. Looks cool like it is.