Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus parts

Ordered some parts from Modelhaus to add to my stash of '65 Fairlane parts for when I get to building a replica of my Dad's car... and I must say, super nice stuff! Took a while to get, but I knew that going in to it so no big deal there.

If only someone made a correct '65 interior tub... I'm kinda bummed thats the only thing I cant find.

There's like no flashing whatsoever on these parts, which is nice. And they actually seem a bit heavier than plastic, they arent thin, they really do feel like high quality parts.

I just really wish I could find an interior tub :( I'm not great at scratch building to try my hand at it yet.

Glad to hear their parts are nice. Ordered their Cheetah kit the other day and I sure hope it is as nice as people say the parts are. 4 to 6 weeks to get is a bummer but hopefully worth the wait.

Ray,

A large selection of Modelhaus parts ~ and some of their kits ~ will be available at Desert Scale Classic. Bob Zetterman is a major dealer for Modelhaus and he will be selling at DSC. Something as unusual as the Cheetah kit would not normally be on hand, but Bob usually has most of Modelhaus' parts in stock. If nothing else, you'll be able to see the quality of their products!

So, bring your wish list!

Glad to hear their parts are nice. Ordered their Cheetah kit the other day and I sure hope it is as nice as people say the parts are. 4 to 6 weeks to get is a bummer but hopefully worth the wait.

As you're from his neck of the woods, Ray, I'll assume you're familiar with Greg Wann. That is the station and grade you can expect from Don and Carol Holthaus. Don truly is the dean of aftermarket, along with Norm Veber. Finer products can't be found because they're not out there- I will say, though, that there are many, many products that are as good.

They, Norm Veber and Detroit Resin Automotive Group are all of the same calibre- and that is only the best.

Charlie Larkin

I agree . Don & Carol are the leaders . The last original survivors . I respect and support them . The others sharing top spots I agree with too . Don't forget Dave Dopdge @ MCW . These are the people you will get what you expect if not moreso . Thanx ..

I agree whole heartedly as to the unquestionable product that comes with any Modelhaus order. It will be a real blow to the hobby when they close their doors, let me tell you. I doubt that there are many people out there who could hold a candle to Don and carol when it comes to ethics, service and a guaranteed quality product.

I have bought from Tom Coolige of Promolite 2000 and I have to say that Tom's personality, service and products are all at par with Modelhaus. I bought Tom's '59 Ford Custom 300 and I am still in aweof not justthe model itself, but also with the extras that came with it. The dog dish hub caps are bt hemselves, works of art as the detailing is second to none. Like Modelhaus, the cost may seem a bit high but let me assure you that with both vendors, you get what you pay for and it's well worth every penny and then more. As for the wait for delivery - that's just the way it is. I am just thankful and happy that I can even order the stuff.

I have the same similar issues . Here are some answers I have used . I can state separating an interior tub of something close into components like modern Tooling . Or start with Modern Tooling . May I suggest a 66 Comet upcoming from Trumpeter ? A Round ?? '67 Fairlane or Comet . Modifying to taste . Either Vacuum Forming or cast in Resin your desired parts . The Dashboard , separate the horizontal from the vertical and cast these . You do the modifications prior to the casting . Vacuum form would work also . Reattach the halves and you're done . A Revelle '64 Thunderbolt will work too . Seats , the same proceedure . IIRC , the '65 Fairlane used a similar '65 Full Sized Ford Line Steering Wheel . I hope this helps . I am watching this as I need some parts made that are beyond my skills . R&R dod offer a '65 Fairlane kit in resin . I have one , not up for trade . It is one of his doable kits . Ypou might want to try Steve Kohler . <stevekohler@cox.net> Thanx ..

If only someone made a correct '65 interior tub... I'm kinda bummed thats the only thing I cant find.

Create an eBay Search Agent for it. Then eBay will email you everytime one is listed. You might just search for the 1965 Ford Fairlane kit, then if old built ups etc that may have a clean interior is listed you'll be notified.

There are a couple guys breaking kits down and selling the parts. One is outrageous in price, but others are fair. I had the same problem you're having, nobody cast a 1972 Chevy interior bucket.. but Modelhaus cast nearly everything else! One eventually showed up on eBay for $11 postpaid (complete with front bench seat and dashboard) and I was the only bidder.

I have bought quite a bit from Modelhaus. Not sure if 4-6 weeks timeline is always true but it takes a while to get your parts after you order. Ordering online will save a couple of days.

It's like a restaurant, they prepare the parts after they receive your order. This is why you have to wait. Maybe they stock some items.

I got a new catalog and a written message from Modelhaus that indicates "we are needing to slow down" and "declining some new parts that are requested for development of new parts".