Model Cars Magazine Forum

Janis Joplin's Porsche 356C and Janis figure...

Brizio

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwow!

Awesome, Dude! Far Out!

Looking forward to seeing this one come to fruition.

Thank you Danno. :)

Yes it sure is a far out build man. Amazing work here

Thank you Greymack! :)

Very cool. It looks like, one of those old, half finished, paint by numbers painting.

Thank you Cartpix! :) Probably I can leave it so, and hang on the wall... :D

very cool staying tuned for more updates

Thank you Big Nicky! :)

this is going to be epic! for sure. just curious ithink its obvious, but did you freehand all of the art work, if so I for 1 would be interested in your technique if you would share?. thanks shaun.s

Thank you Superbike-shaun, yes I draw all freehand. The best thing would be to have the possibility to measure the real car, but that not going to happen... :D so I divided the body in different sectors, and using the picture of the real car as reference I start to sketch with a pencil. It is time consuming for have the best proportion.

Fabrizio, I'll admit when I saw the paint scheme you were trying to recreate I had seriously doubts about the end results. But you have turned me into a believer. Your brush work is remarkable smooth. What paints are you using for the artwork?

Holy Cow!!! Fantastic job. I love Janis. She was an original.

Later-

Thank you Modlbldr! :)

Fabrizio, I'll admit when I saw the paint scheme you were trying to recreate I had seriously doubts about the end results. But you have turned me into a believer. Your brush work is remarkable smooth. What paints are you using for the artwork?

Honestly, me too I though it was hard to hand brush the paint with all those details, but after the first part I painted on the body, I start to convince myself on a possibility. :D The big concern I had was to have kind of "bumps" on the color. For faint I use acrylic, I don't remember the brand right now. The paint is smooth because I used a lot of water for thinner it. For example the big part I painted, like the yellow, blue etc. I had to give around 8 coats of color. For the black color is little less, because it cover better the primer. Lighter colors required more coats. It is time consuming, but I think the a the end looks good. I don't have a % of water I use for thinner the color, because I go by eyes.:)

Thanks! :)