Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 impala pro street...Its finished..

1 bad55 stan

Thanks Carl,I have had a few problems along the way as always,but hopefully ......

Stan, I can count on one hand the trouble free builds I have had. Your skill level is so good I know you can handle what it throws at you...

Stan, beautiful job on this Impala sir. I'm working on a 67 Chevelle Pro Street myself. If I may make a suggestion, the shifter is actually mounted backwards, but other than that, great work! lol

I will have to take a look at your Chevelle.thanks for your comments.

I was just admiring this again but I noticed that shifter won't work any way you mount it. You have a lenco behind that monster. You need a few shifters...

Thanks freakshow,I know it should have a few shifters to be correct ,but i think they look ugly.

Great build.I owned a real '66 Impala so this looks very familiar.The original big block cars were really powerful and impressive long before anyone used nitros or turbos .Just raw American pavement grinding horsepower!

Thanks Tom,They are a cool car alright!

I got a little more done today,the dash an steering column finished,i added a nos bottle and battery mounted in the trunk.i also fitted the headers and finished up the fuel lines.

p0qi1.jpg
2ehc.jpg

wmwd.jpg

cf7z5.jpg

x8i2.jpg

Next is the door jams and start prepping the body.Hope you like it..

Wow!! I'm loving what you're doing. I need to finish up all my VW builds so that I can build some American muscle of my own. You've got me inspired!

There is one thing though. Check to see if you've got your shifter in forwards or backwards. Use this URL for reference:

80706.jpghttp://www.bmracing.com/product_images-high/80706.jpg

Thanks Dave,Glad to get you keen on some american muscle.The shifter is in they same way as your picture,You are not the first 1 to mention this.I don't think it would look wright the other way.

1uo7m.jpg

Well i think its wright...

looking killer Stan. great detail. this thing just oozes horsepower.

and I think the shifter is in backwards. the cable will be coming from the small portion of the shifter and looping thru the floor ti the trans shift lever.