Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stanced Aston Martin DBS

508boricua

How would a car whose wheels/tires are touching the fenders ever work? How would the steering or suspension work?

Nicely done model, very nice and clean, great paint. Can't argue with the craftsmanship... but I guess I just don't get this style.

Hey man thanks for the comment. Most cars with this VIP style are air ride equipped. They only look this low when they're lowered and to drive they just raise it and go. Some are this low with coilovers (aka) static, but those are an incredible nightmare to drive that low... but possible. Thanks again.

Beautiful build, but not a fan of the wheels at all. And what is VIP style? As far as I know it is from Japan and it applies to luxury 4 door sedans. This is more "I just signed a rap contract" PIMP style. Please don't get offended by my opinion as that is all it is - an opinion.

vip is any luxurious or exotic car with custom wheels lowered and exotic custom interiors such as curtains reclining seats ect....

How would a car whose wheels/tires are touching the fenders ever work? How would the steering or suspension work?

Nicely done model, very nice and clean, great paint. Can't argue with the craftsmanship... but I guess I just don't get this style.

I'm with Harry ?? Love the model... Don't get this "stanced " rubbish. Kinda like that "DONKey" thing, cars with impractical 30in rims! ? Utterly pointless/useless. Astons are some of the most gorgeous cars ever made, including the DB9, & to do this to a real 1:1 Aston... That's just... Unholy!

Cheers & well done on your build champ ??

Cliff

I'm with Harry Love the model... Don't get this "stanced " rubbish. Kinda like that "DONKey" thing, cars with impractical 30in rims! Utterly pointless/useless. Astons are some of the most gorgeous cars ever made, including the DB9, & to do this to a real 1:1 Aston... That's just... Unholy!

Cheers & well done on your build champ

Cliff

+ 1357868765

Looks great! As for how feasible it would be in real? Who cares, its a MODEL!! Anything goes in scale, so I applaud your courage for doing what most Aston owners would not consider. Great color and interior, great photos too, cool!!!

• 2 weeks later...