Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grandma's 77 Ventura

ranma

My grandmother next to last Pontiac that she had, her last Pontiac was an 82 J-2000. I really liked her 77 Pontiac though.post-8577-0-26488300-1399759571_thumb.jppost-8577-0-14504900-1399759586_thumb.jp

the Pontiac arrowhead on the front need's to be cleaned up a tad but otherwise it's done.

Seeing a build that has sentimental value is always nice. I do honestly like the color Rick and it looks like a nice, clean and uncluttered build. I always appreciate stock builds and this one is no exception. Did your grandmother's car have the rally wheels? Just curious.

Seeing a build that has sentimental value is always nice. I do honestly like the color Rick and it looks like a nice, clean and uncluttered build. I always appreciate stock builds and this one is no exception. Did your grandmother's car have the rally wheels? Just curious.

I am not 100% positive but I believe so but her's was a Ventura SJ.

Did you grandma's last Pontiac look like this? 2007_0910Spock0274.jpg

No she had a coupe one with a trunk. it was silver with a purplelish interior. Funny thing about it is when she traded the Ventura in she noted it had a full size spare, and by golly she wasn't buying the J2000 without it having a full size spare tire! Needless to say the Pontiac dealer wanted to make the sale so they took out the compact spare and gave her a full size tire in it's place! It still makes me laugh even though it happened back in 1982! she passed away in 2001 with parkinsons .

hey philo did you build this off the cavalier kit and put the j 2000 drag car front nose on?

i have 2 cavaliers, and i want to make one of these j 2000's i need the drag car they must be the same scale?

Argh! You're giving me flashbacks to the car I drove in college. It was a navy blue sunbird/j2000. Affectionately referred to as the sunturd, it left me stranded on many occasions. I was sure glad to see that thing drive away for the last time.

Good job on the model, though!

Edited by JJ Deuce