Model Cars Magazine Forum

My "Ramper"- just to see if I figgered out how to post pictures...

This is something that kept me busy for a while when I was unemployed. It's the Model King reissue on an AMT/Ertl Ram dually. I added some stuff to the interior, including two throw-rugs that were fabricated one thread at a time. I used old Microscale wood-grain decals on the cabinetry. The ladder was fabricated from aluminum tubing and coffee stirrers; the roof platform is also made from coffee stirrers. The bike was my last build on LI some five years ago. The trailer is the bed from the Lindberg '34 Ford pickup with a rudimentary frame; with wheels and tires from my parts box. The other stuff is from my parts box. If I had to build another one, I would use a piece of glass as a plate to get the sides, etc, square- the top is removable, but not without a lot of grimacing. Comments are welcome.

Edited by johnbuzzed

Very cool build. I like all the detail! One thing I always wondered about the Open Road camper.. how it fared with that huge expanse of glass across the back. I would expect it to flex while driving, and maybe the fit be compromised over time. I know I had enough issues with a set of Anderson sliders at my old house!