Model Cars Magazine Forum

Britsh capri,American power..Its Finished....

Thanks James & Niko,Not a lot done but here is the start of the engine i plan on using,Pro sporstman engine with blower from the willys kit,i have drilled the plug holes and i drilled the headers and added locating pins and resin cast pulleys

d7tu.jpg

qdmzx.jpg

cq6c.jpg.

comments are welcome...

great looking build, you've inspired me to have a quick ebay check on any capri models

my vote for paint would be either stock lime green or orange with black vinyl roof, the orange one is the first car i fell in love with and i must have been all of 5 or 6 at the time and its stayed with me ever since

but if you go wild, HOK stands for House Of Kolor which is auto custom paint and should be easily available in NZ, its easy enuf to get in OZ so i'm guessing you should be able to get it over there, in fact heres a link to the NZ importer

http://www.smitsgroup.co.nz/ae37/House-of-Kolor

Saw this baby at Summernats 24, most of the Capri's there had blown small blocks in them, this one was 100% genuine street rego'd, 4.4l Lexus v8 twin turbo, 1000+ HP, recently ran 8.3 1/4 @166MPH, and he was driving it through the drive through at KFC when i was there. . That, is a real car!!.

DSCF0727_zps166e4dac.jpg

DSCF0726_zps0e1e6ea2.jpg

Lovin' your build so far too mate.

great looking build, you've inspired me to have a quick ebay check on any capri models

my vote for paint would be either stock lime green or orange with black vinyl roof, the orange one is the first car i fell in love with and i must have been all of 5 or 6 at the time and its stayed with me ever since

but if you go wild, HOK stands for House Of Kolor which is auto custom paint and should be easily available in NZ, its easy enuf to get in OZ so i'm guessing you should be able to get it over there, in fact heres a link to the NZ importer

http://www.smitsgroup.co.nz/ae37/House-of-Kolor

Thanks for the info on the paints,i should of known that.Good luck in finding a capri kit,there was a mk2 on ebay the other day..