Model Cars Magazine Forum

Britsh capri,American power..Its Finished....

Just a small update,I finally got the fuel lines done,i added a junction block to tie it all together.

tlvk.jpg

y7mhw.jpg

I also added a 4 point harness,1 down 1 to go.These are super fiddly

uifu.jpg

aks4.jpg

7vgl.jpg

All comments or suggestions good or bad are welcome.

Haven't tried the photo etch seat belt sets yet. Are they harder to work with than the tape/paper/ribbon variety?

Real nice touch on the tinted glass Stan...

Thanks Carl,That tamiya smoke works good.

Really nice work! That chassis is a piece of art. Same thing with the engine with all of those details. I've rarely seen a Ford Capri built like this, but I must say that it looks very cool. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Thanks Niko,I appreciate your kind words,I'll post more soon.

I'm lovin' it! Stan, that is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it on all fours!

Thanks Wayne,Soon mate.

That is looking SUPERB Stan, love everything about it, and the paint is top notch mate.

Cheers DC,I used some Tamiya fine cut to buff it up,first time i have tried it.

Haven't tried the photo etch seat belt sets yet. Are they harder to work with than the tape/paper/ribbon variety?

They are a little tricky.What i did on the second set was to feed the belt through the buckles before i cut them off.They are a cool set just have to take your time.

I had an issue with the frame breaking away from the fire wall,So i left it for a few days and done some work on a corolla (sorry about that)Any ways i removed the headers,radiator and engine,trying not to course any more damage.

Wm2ToV.jpg

I made up some simple blocks with a hole in them and glued them to the fire wall,so far so good.I have my fingers crossed this will fix it...

O3kDpd.jpg

3GcsoV.jpg

Next i'll touch up the paint,This build has been fighting me all the way.But i know who is gonna win.

Looks awesome Stan. Could I suggest an air dam or spoiler of some sort on the front valence to hide the frame rails? I'm thinking a 69 mach 1/ boss 302 piece may have the right shape and look

Thanks Fred,Funny you say that i have been thinking how i need to tidy that part of this build.If i remember back in the day some of these cars had lower spoilers.I don't have 1 but it carn't bee that hard to fab 1 up...Your input is very much appreciated...

I got a little more done,Its not a lot but is a bit of a win for me.The "blocks" i made seem to be working.Fingers crossed!I also made up a spoiler for the front,This was my third attempt but i'm fairly happy with it.A big thank you to Fred(Freakshow 12) for your suggestion i think it has tidied up that front end a lot.

Fr0wus.jpg

hlXsTv.jpg

uO8pWr.jpg
BzHDSG.jpg
EObuvr.jpg

Now i'm thinking i might add a rear wing/spoiler to the trunk...Thanks guys for your input..

Edited by 1 bad55 stan