Model Cars Magazine Forum

Britsh capri,American power..Its Finished....

Looking really good and I agree with Glenn. That kind of wing would fit in the back, and it could be even a bit smaller than the one in the picture? I really like the spoiler on front, too, painting it black is a good idea. Green and black combination works every time. B)

My suggestion for the rear wing. Pro-mod wing... that would really fit on this car.

167ovx1.jpg

Cheers Glen,If it was a pro mod build i think that would be perfect.I appreciate your suggestion thought.

Looking really good and I agree with Glenn. That kind of wing would fit in the back, and it could be even a bit smaller than the one in the picture? I really like the spoiler on front, too, painting it black is a good idea. Green and black combination works every time. B)

Thanks Niko,I think black goes with most colors...

Maybe a smaller wing like the Ed Quay ones would look good, I think a little sheet styrene and one could be fabbed up pretty easily. Just an idea :) BTW, the front spoiler looks fantastic!

Thanks Jason,Your input like everyone else is much appreciated.It does get the brain thinking....

Hi Gene thanks,i will do the windows in tamiya smoke..

Your on to it Carl,It is tamiya TS 22..

IMG_0807-vi.jpg

Aha! I thought that color looked awful familiar! I went back a few pages to discover it's the same TS22 Light Green that my Chevette is painted. Perfect color for a 1970s-80s small car. BTW, this Chevette is a replica of my sister-in-law's first car, lime green and all!

IMG_0807-vi.jpg

Aha! I thought that color looked awful familiar! I went back a few pages to discover it's the same TS22 Light Green that my Chevette is painted. Perfect color for a 1970s-80s small car. BTW, this Chevette is a replica of my sister-in-law's first car, lime green and all!

Yeap same color,i did check in on your build and it turned out great.

I got the rear spoiler done,i added detail masters hood pins,i drilled a hole for the trunk lock that i'll add on final assembly...

ePbper.jpg

s4yjq3.jpg
8zOtVD.jpg

The chassis seams to be holding together,here is it with wheels on.Next post should have the body and chassis as 1 unit...

l0UpIf.jpg
AWmnqR.jpg

uhzGND.jpg

I see the end incite!

Looking massively cool! I love the rear spoiler....looks so natural...like it was just meant to be there. Glad this puppy is holding together! Looking forward to the finished car Stan. Cheers!

Thanks Wayne,I'm happy with the way it turned out.I'm sort of over it now,Hope to have it finished some time this week!

• 2 weeks later...