Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Lindberg Charger Cop car

English Jules

Hopefully this works with photobucket...

I
cant find the push bar. There are lots more pics in the album, im trying to do various shades etc (im now doing a much darker main grey for the dash etc )

I looked at hundreds of pics, and im thinking of putting some electronic boxes etc on top of the dash like i have seen in pics (although no idea what they are lol)

Ok lets try to put some pics on here

made the little spot light IMG_8609.jpg

Wiring and cables added and sink marks removed IMG_8612.jpg

Adding a gloss on the LCD screen See various colours used so far

IMG_8607.jpg

Coming along slowly, no point rushing as i cant afford any Bill Bozo decals for a month, then it takes a month or 2 to be printed and shipped the website says.

Im not 100% the real cop console has the laptop swing arm where it is in the kit....i could put it to the right, so against the left side of the passenger side, where i am running the cables etc

IMG_8593.jpg

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

IMG_8603.jpg

I 'might' make it so the sun visor is down (its excellent they include the rear view mirror and visors...often not in the kits, so i have to make my own). I want to find a real pic showing it down, maybe there are some little papers or notes, with a elastic band. So i can add a little colour.........i want to add the seat belts too, if i can find good clear pics.

IMG_8575.jpg

I will do the plastic one piece prisioner seat a shiny black, where lots of butts have been, sliding and polishing that area. Few scuffs and scrapes on the partition also from shoes etc

IMG_8615.jpg

Lots of pics in album, im so slow putting links on here. Please look at the album, im sure you guys will spot some things i have done wrong, or could do better.

Any comments welcome, even negatives :-) I cant improve if i keep making mistakes.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s955.photobucket.com/user/mrcooljules/embed/slideshow/Lindberg%201-24th%20Charger%20Cop%20Car"></iframe>

found this pic, it looks a little cluttered but thought of adding something sat on the dash top, as something hanging down.........comments welcome

I have made a note where to put the handle for the drivers take down??? light on the inner of the car http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F6%2F5181%2F5864377336_006e071152_z.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F31085415%40N03%2F5864377336%2F&docid=0Spkd5QnhbWlzM&tbnid=R5g1BPZA-Rh8xM&w=640&h=480&ei=_rd_U7WKDcXT7Aaph4GwAQ&ved=0CAYQxiAwBA&iact=c

Edited by English Jules

The rectangle hanging down is the camera, the round one is the radar. The little box on the dash is the speed readout. Good luck with this!! COming along great!

ah cool thanks. popped up a load more pics but heres one, im still struggling with Photobucket and pics on here

You can see where a put a new bracket for the swinging arm for the laptop, and put a new mic where it was. Still got lots to do, tone down, thin panel washes etc.

Having lots of fun though

IMG_8649.jpg

http://s955.photobucket.com/user/mrcooljules/library/Lindberg%201-24th%20Charger%20Cop%20Car

Since you're doing such a great job on the interior, most police radar units operate via a remote, which is another cord coming from the back of the unit to a head that's about as large as a deck of playing cards. It usually (all mine have for the last 18 years), tends to rest on top of the radio controls, then just sit in my hand when I'm running moving radar. HTH, looks great so far!

Jeff

Since you're doing such a great job on the interior, most police radar units operate via a remote, which is another cord coming from the back of the unit to a head that's about as large as a deck of playing cards. It usually (all mine have for the last 18 years), tends to rest on top of the radio controls, then just sit in my hand when I'm running moving radar. HTH, looks great so far!

Jeff

Could you find me a pic or 2 please, i cant picture in my head how it would look.

I do plan on doing a unmarked one, on a traffic stop, i had thought about FHP with a figure and a the speeding car

This is the typical set up albeit in a Ford Mustang. The radar antenna is on the dash The display is the square box just below and the remote Jeff speaks of in on the console by the parking brake lever.

DSCF4296_zps2997644a.jpg

Here's the real deal I used for reference.

MSHP1989SSPMustanginterior_zps033ca49d.j

That is a Missouri State Highway Patrol '89 Mustang LX curently sitting in the basement of HQ in their superb museum.

G

that looks neat. I do like the Mustangs from that time, got a few books with them (and got some old Chimneyville decals for them). I did like the 12 CHP 79 Camaro's they had, so many little differences inside so i picked the one i liked the most and did that interior

I had thought of copying this mainly, it says its a NYPD Charger. Im just on the hunt for clear shots of the front seat belts, how they fix and hang down when not used. 5864377336_006e071152_z.jpg

I have made a tiny video cam, radar gun thing, a red flashing light unit that i see at the top just inside the windscreen. Also the drivers sun visor has some little note pad and papers with elastic band around. Got to make a small lcd like in the pic above. Will show it once painted later if anyones interested

NIce work Jules! I do random things on my models like one visor up / one visor down, two bucket seats at different positions, passenger all the way back, driver up a bit for a shorter driver. And with adjustable headrests I will do them at different heights too. It adds a little bit of realism.

And per the selfie, I'm on board. It's good to see who we are.. I guess you just didn't want to get glue on a good shirt. Good move, I got black Sharpie on one of my favorite shirts last week! :(

NIce work Jules! I do random things on my models like one visor up / one visor down, two bucket seats at different positions, passenger all the way back, driver up a bit for a shorter driver. And with adjustable headrests I will do them at different heights too. It adds a little bit of realism.

I had never seen one of those one piece plastic back seats, which keep prisoners from stuffing drugs down the seat and sharing personal fluids. The first time I saw one was in a taxi in Silver Spring, Maryland. We had been in Washington DC and took the Metro back to my aunt's house. The taxi was an ex cop Vic that still had the plastic seat! Man was that uncomfortable!

And per the selfie, I'm on board. It's good to see who we are.. I guess you just didn't want to get glue on a good shirt. Good move, I got black Sharpie on one of my favorite shirts last week! :(

I had never seen one of those one piece plastic back seats, which keep prisoners from stuffing drugs down the seat and sharing personal fluids. The first time I saw one was in a taxi in Silver Spring, Maryland. We had been in Washington DC and took the Metro back to my aunt's house. The taxi was an ex cop Vic that still had the plastic seat! Man was that uncomfortable!

ta. m going to town with this Charger interior, i dont plan on doing the engine bay though. I plan on it being a NYPD HP and the photo with all the electronic stuff is from one of those cars. I plan on a little more wear on the throttle pedal, but i never could understand why US cop cars i see on tv are always automatics. I dont plan on so much detail interior work on the others really, plus most i only see a little bit of speed camera stuff. I did notice on a pic, i wouldnt have thought either, and the instructions didnt say, but they removed the 2 rear door handles.

I have found someone over here to go halves on the Bill Bozo decals, also on lots of license plates, newspapers and other scale stuff too like shop signs etc. so thats great. some Jbot NY taxi decals too.

I got this a couple of days ago, well when it arrives. Heard about them but never seen one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151309990844?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Where i am upto now. Just got to tidy bits up and then call it done. Will look ok through the open drivers window so that will do. First time ever done this to a cop car. I might soon do them again, but to exact size and dimensions, and cast some in resin

IMG_8744.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

IMG_8766.jpg

IMG_8772.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jules... cop cars in the US are always automatics. Our culture went away from manual transmissions a long time ago. Many folks have never driven one. All rental cars are automatics. I know that seems odd from a European perspective. From a police cruiser perspective, it allow them to be on radio etc while driving, rather than shifting. And from a fleet perspective, automatics never need a clutch and often will last the life of the car. Even UPS went to automatics for that very reason. I don't think you could get a Crown Vic with a clutch at all.

And yes, the rear door handles are removed from police cruisers in most cases.

Jules... cop cars in the US are always automatics. Our culture went away from manual transmissions a long time ago. Many folks have never driven one. All rental cars are automatics. I know that seems odd from a European perspective. From a police cruiser perspective, it allow them to be on radio etc while driving, rather than shifting. And from a fleet perspective, automatics never need a clutch and often will last the life of the car. Even UPS went to automatics for that very reason. I don't think you could get a Crown Vic with a clutch at all.

And yes, the rear door handles are removed from police cruisers in most cases.

ah thanks, i had noticed on a few US cop shows in the last week they just plant their right foot down and that was it. I think over here now, traffic cops are using BMWs and they could be autos. I never liked driving autos, until i had one few years ago, when i picked up a mid 90s used 5 series BMW touring with 200,000 miles and went on a long trip around Europe, i had done the same trip in a manual one and the auto was quite nice, kickdown was good. Not sure i would like one as a cop car though but i guess a modern auto isnt too bad.

I picked up a 97 Cherokee jeep a few months ago with a manual box, i dont think i would like the auto box as its not a powerful engine at all, lots of torque but no horsepower being the turbo diesel one. I am surprised though that muscle and mopar like the new round of Chargers, Challengers and Camaro's are auto though. Thought they would be most popular rather than a auto