Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Build Somewhat Restomoded 67 Shelby 3/10/16 Finished !

Metalmad

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a little update on the Shelby build.

Finally have the rear frame and the supports for the 4 link installed to the chassie and painted & with the rear differential & 4 link, next will be mocking up for the brake lines & scratch building the fittings. I also started on the rear disc setup which I'm using Detail Master drilled rotors & will also use a set on the front brake setup. I could not find any brake calipers to use with the brake rotors so I have decided to scratch build the calipers for the front & rear which you can see the start of the build of the calipers in the pictures and I finally have the body in primer but still undecided on the color. Well thats all for now on the Shelby Build so until next time keep on Building !! and thank you for looking !

post-11522-0-92933200-1411867995_thumb.jpost-11522-0-39185900-1411868018_thumb.jpost-11522-0-04589400-1411868051_thumb.jpost-11522-0-19441000-1411868070_thumb.j

Edited by Metalmad

Its been a good day today on the bench I started to form the brake calipers for the rear rotors & I finally have the exhaust finished for the Super Bee that I finished awhile back so its complete now for the show Oct 11. The brake calipers will take a bit of work but I'm really enjoying the time scratch building them. I will get some progress pictures of them up as I work on them and here is a picture of the Bee. post-11522-0-57573300-1411965225_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into a little snag on the fit of this kit which is the fit of the rear trunk lid to the body and I noticed that the bottom of the trunk lid is not flush to the body & over hangs a bit so I will have a little body work to do on the trunk lid. This will be a easy fix but will set me back a bit today but I rather have this corrected now then notice it later after it is already painted. I have also started on another set of brake calipers for the front rotors that I should be able to finish up today also. Will post pictures hopefully later on today.

Little more progress which is that I have finished up the scratch building the front brake calipers so next will be to clean them up a bit and shoot some primer on them and then shoot some color on them. I have also just about finished up the fitting of the rear trunk to the body with some sanding & filler so I think one more little session of sanding & primer then I should be ready to lay down some color finally.Before the color though I almost forgot that I need to hinge the rear trunk lid which this will be my first attempt of a hinged trunk lid.

Not a Stang guy but looks good....just a suggestion you should shave the the door handles just my opinion and I say that because the front and rear of the car is shaved/molded I just think shaving the door handles will tie in with the work you've done

Edited by Outlaw_Pitbull_0411

Here is a small update on the Shelby.

I have finished scratch building the coil supports & have them painted as well as the coils themselves & I have mocked up the rear suspension on where it will be located as well as where the coil supports will be attached. So next on the build will be to scratch build the front & rear caliper brackets & scratch build a hinge for the rear trunk which this will be my first attempt at scratch building a hinge. I will also get a game plan together to lay out where the brake lines will be located and scratch build the hard line fittings.

Thank you all for following me on this build ! post-11522-0-05033500-1414363966_thumb.jpost-11522-0-01822600-1414363993_thumb.jpost-11522-0-91265700-1414364017_thumb.jpost-11522-0-16314300-1414364046_thumb.j

Thank you for the kind words Carl !

And a small update.

I had to add a brace in front of the radiator support for the custom grill I will be installing & I also started to fill in the openings in the rear roll pan where the factory exhaust was to be installed.