Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Build Somewhat Restomoded 67 Shelby 3/10/16 Finished !

Metalmad

• 2 weeks later...

Been in the process of redoing the rear of the chassie frame rails & the interior where scratch built the back deck and removed the rear seat. I'm really happy now as the fit and finish is much improved compared to the last deck I scratch built. I will have pictures up as soon as I have laid the paint down on the interior & the chassie.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Metalmad

Hello everyone !

I have finally finished redoing the back half of the interior which eliminates the rear seat and is scratch built. So this is just a mock up for now since I still have to finish detailing the door cranks,window cranks and the upper panels that will get paint to match the dash and also add the roll bar that still needs a little work to fit properly.

Thanks for looking !post-11522-0-73631400-1424318979_thumb.jpost-11522-0-08242100-1424319008_thumb.jpost-11522-0-09342700-1424319047_thumb.jpost-11522-0-73422900-1424319079_thumb.j

Joe I have learned over the past three years that having a lot of patience while building helps quit a bit plus if I don't like the way a certain thing looks after it is mocked up I will just redo it plus also having the chance to pick other builders brains at the shows that I have attended has helped me with furthering my abilities to add more detail to the build. ( Art Laski & John Teresi thank you both for sharing your talents ! ) But most of it is just having a lot of patiences while building.

Edited by Metalmad

A little update on the Shelby !

I have finished painting the upper part of the door panels to match the dash panel & added the speakers to the rear panel. I have also drilled the brake master for the brake lines & have it painted & the brake booster painted also. I also decided not to install the front bumper so I have filled in the mounting holes & added some milliput epoxy to give it a little bit more of a shape to the front so when the epoxy dries I will sand it smooth & I have also decided to mold in the rear bumper to the back lower panel so I have added some styrene to each end of the bumper & will shape it after the glue has cured.

Thats All For Now & Pictures Coming Soon !

Hello everyone,

As I was looking at the front brace I added for the custom grill to mount to I noticed it was off a bit so I have removed it & scratch built another brace and have epoxied it in and I also noticed on the drivers top side of the fender it has a small dip so I have added some filler to it and will sand it tomorrow.

I have finished detailing the redone interior which is getting the window cranks & door levers painted & the speakers installed & grills painted & the upper door panels painted also.

Thanks For Looking !

Edited by Metalmad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ,

Progress has been slow on this build so far but I do have a small update on the Shelby.

I have finished up detailing the interior door panels window cranks & door levers finally and after further inspection of the body I have noticed a few areas that needed to be addressed which was on the rear panel where I will be installing a custom gas cap from pro tech (thank you Art for the hook up on the pro tech parts) and I also noticed on the front tops of the quarter panels needed a little filler which these issue have been addressed. So this evening I have masked off the body and have finally painted the inside of the roof panel and the inner rear of both sides of the body.

Hello,

I have finally had a little time to get some pictures of the Shelby's work in progress. These are just mock up photo's after I shot the inside of the roof panel with some color to match the interior plus a shot of the inside of the trunk which I have also applied embossing powder to the trunk floor.

Thanks For Looking !post-11522-0-20473000-1426564300_thumb.jpost-11522-0-10985300-1426564369_thumb.jpost-11522-0-64262100-1426564439_thumb.jpost-11522-0-87696500-1426564528_thumb.jpost-11522-0-86342000-1426564579_thumb.jpost-11522-0-04367100-1426564611_thumb.j

Edited by Metalmad

Thank you guys for the kind comments !

Art the embossing powder is not painted & the color of the powder is Champagne. I was looking for a bit darker color but was not able to find it in a darker color so this is what I ended up using which I think it came out looking pretty good.

Ok small update on the Shelby which is after getting the roof panel painted I mocked up the interior which fit fine but the hinged trunk was fighting me a bit so I ended up redoing the hinge but it took me five tries to finally get it right. So now the trunk opens & closes freely and the hinge is glued in place and now I will let the glue dry over night.The next thing I will address is working on finishing up the engine and start working on the exhaust system from the headers on back.

Thanks For Looking !

Edited by Metalmad

Well Gent's I have finally decided on a color which will be flame red with pearl so as soon as the trunk is dry I will post a picture of it.I have made some progress on her which I had to re make the the front grill & a bottom grill which originally was one piece but is now two separate pieces, I have also halved some old rims to install on the front & rear wheels and also test fitted the brake rotors and brake calipers to make sure they had clearance from the rims, so now I will scratch build the mounting brackets so the brake calipers will have a place to mount to.

Thats all for now !