Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R

Tompidom

klaar011_zpsa1c3c1ea.jpg
klaar012_zps5191490b.jpg
Theirs also 2 video's of this kit comming up soon. One for the panel lines and the other for the window trim. Ill post a link as soon as the are online fot the people who are interrested.
Ups
Not a lot of parts so a lot of room for detailing.
Beeing an aoshima kit you have a lot of wheel choices. I ended up using the kit wheels though.
The over all fit of the parts was really good. And the PE set that came with the kit was a great extra aswell. Sadly i did not use much of it becouse of the brakes i used. But the parts i used fit really well!
Downs
The hood has a very tight fit and in my opinion could have been molded in with the body, The same is for the rear and front bumpers. The rear bumper got gleud on before paint so that was fine. The Front is a different story. Becouse of the way the headlights needed to be mounted it would hav made it a lot harder to gleu on the front bumper before paint. The biggest let down of allw were the rear suspension parts. The wheels them selfs are a bt of a fight to get on the the poly caps. but the Weak suspension parts made it even worse. I snaped both sides while putting the wheels on. The last point i want to bring up are the metel transfers. These don't stick well at all. I would have rather seen decals. Had I sanded off the logo's before paint it would not have been a problem.
The used materials
Body
Zero Paints - Ferrari Rosso Rubino
Zero Paints - 2K Clear
Interior
Zero Paints - Black
Extra's