Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper S

GeeBee

This one was commissioned 9 weeks ago, I got it finished 3 weeks under the time I had originally quoted, as the customer asked if it was possible to get it finished for June 15th, which over here is fathers day, it was painted in the original BMC colours of Fiesta yellow with an Old English White roof, the interior was done in the original colours of powder blue and light grey, the wheels were drilled out, just like the original Cooper wheels, and a couple of front spot lights were added to the grille, which the real car I was modelling had.

post-2058-0-52248600-1402345106_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-25509500-1402345116_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-39955200-1402345126_thumb.jp

Just beautiful, Geoff. No one can do this car like you do.

Thanks, I'll be sorry to see this one go, as I haven't built a Fiesta Yellow Cooper S for myself, I e emailed the photos over to the customer this afternoon, he's over the moon with it, I really hope his Dad enjoys it ...

Thank you, I do enjoy building the Tamiya Mini, this is the 8th Tamiya Mini I've built now

I have only built 5 Tamiyas! But then I built 5 Fujimi Rover Minis too! Please check out my Mini folder in my Fotki (link below).

Great job on the Fiesta yellow! When I do a straight up Mini-cooper I want to paint it gray.

Where did you get the spots from?

They were actually the rear lamp from the "Monte carlo" Mini kit, the mounting pin was cut off as it was too thick to go through the front grill, I then drilled a hole through the middle and fixed in a small diameter brass pin, which was the correct size to go through the grille bars, a dab of 90 second clear epoxy makes sure there never going to move.