Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford 29' "T" Bucket

MsDano85gt

Nice build! Does the model manufacturer know something I don't about the Model T? "Ford 29"?! Model T's were only available from 1908-1927, '29 Would be a Model A. Doesn't take away from your fine build, but I've seen this kit on the shelves and wondered aloud what 29 referred to.

Edited by Watertown

Mike's right . . . Model T production ended with the 1927 model year. If they wanted to call it a "'29" they should have included the engine from the "429" Corvette kit.

Nice build!!

Here's an idea for the tires: Mask off the sidewalls and wheels, then shoot the treads with Testors Dull Cote. It will improve the looks of the tires 100% without going to the trouble of sanding them.

Mike's right . . . Model T production ended with the 1927 model year. If they wanted to call it a "'29" they should have included the engine from the "429" Corvette kit.

Nice build!!

Here's an idea for the tires: Mask off the sidewalls and wheels, then shoot the treads with Testors Dull Cote. It will improve the looks of the tires 100% without going to the trouble of sanding them.

thanks danno i need to get some dullcote i need to dull down the shine on some of my many trx ford rims may give that tire trick a try on for size......

Looks good even with the SBC installed. This whole model just blends together smoothly .

Just wondering why does it look like there is no steering wheel?

The wheel may Be m.i.a. its a removable style nascar steering !! wheel didn't you know that ?? lol

it probly fell off before my photo shoot i use as little a s possible glue on small parts like that in case i change my mind later on...... :blink:

Nice build! Does the model manufacturer know something I don't about the Model T? "Ford 29"?! Model T's were only available from 1908-1927, '29 Would be a Model A. Doesn't take away from your fine build, but I've seen this kit on the shelves and wondered aloud what 29 referred to.

OK I'm confused by this. A '29 Model T? And that's what they call it on the box? Who manufactured this kit? Where is it from. It looks good. Or at least Daniel did a great job on the kit. That I'm impressed with. But a "'29 Model T"!? I done think so.

And yes Andy, Testors offer a dull coat in a bottle for brush. Not in as small of bottle as most of their paints, of 1/4 fl oz. Testors Model Master Flat Clear Lacquer Fininsh comes in a 1 fl oz bottle. And over all I had pretty good results with the stuff so far.

Scott Aho

its a testors runn off kit mostly plastic parts, small T body is metal ( I shined er up a bit with a rag and small bit of polish)

anywhere where there were screws visable like the engine, i filled the area with filler and sanded smoothe, painted mostly black parts on trees how i wanted them end results were very satisfying! The Directions say 29' model "T" bobtail......?? whatever that means i'm with ya'll who makes up all this stuff and mass produces it??