Model Cars Magazine Forum

'60 Edsel, Update 7/6 Finished!

I built one of those in 1961. You could always find good sales on year old 3 in1's - who wanted a year old model? Didn't do a very good job on it and don't know what ever happened to it. If anybody still has it now could you please return it to me? I promise to do better this time! :D

You never know Manuel, This could be the one! And no...... you're not getting it back! :lol: Steve

Color # 2. 1962 Mopar "Luminous Brown". I believe pretty close to '60 Edsel "Bronze Rose". I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but I love these odd colors. Tomorrow, the foil goes on the scripts & then one more color coat. Followed by lots of clear coats, sanding & polishing! :wacko: Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Color coats are on, scripts are foiled & the cowl vents washed. Should get started on clear coats tonight. The last pics were taken under incandecent lights & look more "red" than the actual color. These pics were taken under flourecent lighting & I feel look a little too "brown". The actual color is somewhere in between. :) I think the true color will be apparent in natural light. Steve

It seems to have been a little slow going around here on this project, but there is some progress being made. Finished up the clear coats last night. Now, a few days of curing & I can get it polished out. Maybe get a start on the BMF this weekend. Hopefully by then I'll have a good start on the interior. I've always wondered why Ford didn't see fit to include a steering column cover on a lot of their cars from this period. I've always thought it looked so "unfinished" if not down right ugly. Anyway, I built a knew column for this build to try & duplicate that "oversite". :) Steve

A little more progress on my '60 Edsel build. Finished up the polishing & got a good start on the foil. Also got a start on the interior. I lightened up the body color wit a little bit of silver for the dash & steering wheel then custom mixed some flat enamel to match & contrast the dash, all shades of brown. got the lighter of the colors on & will do the darker color tonight. All to be coated with pearl clear to finish. It's getting there! :) Steve

Badass. SO..like which company made this originally? Cannot find no info on this.

This is an original AMT annual Jeff. As far as I know, only produced in 1960. Although some of these old kits did get re-popped as "Junior Craftsman" kits in later years, I don't think this is one of them. Steve