Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Kit From Ertl?

Very, Very nice mitchum. err, Luke'57. the model and your photochopping skills are very good. Mageck

Well as a matter of fact, not to insult anybody, but that photoshopping is not very good... look at how the title text and the "historic stockcar series" tex line up with the box, and the resolutiondifference between the "driver" and the car....

And then we have the "1/25" in the top left corner, and the logo in the top right.

We can also notice that theres a pic f a vehicle on the topside of the box, wich is in orange-like tone,

while the car on the front , the fake car, is in grey.

Thats just the ones i noticed now while looking at it for a few seconds, but judging by the quality of the work, there shouldnt be much more anywas....

Oh, the car on the pic is a model, and nothing else is, and it doesent say "Photo of the actual model"....

Thats all from me.....

Well as a matter of fact, not to insult anybody, but that photoshopping is not very good... look at how the title text and the "historic stockcar series" tex line up with the box, and the resolutiondifference between the "driver" and the car....

And then we have the "1/25" in the top left corner, and the logo in the top right.

We can also notice that theres a pic f a vehicle on the topside of the box, wich is in orange-like tone,

while the car on the front , the fake car, is in grey.

Thats just the ones i noticed now while looking at it for a few seconds, but judging by the quality of the work, there shouldnt be much more anywas....

Oh, the car on the pic is a model, and nothing else is, and it doesent say "Photo of the actual model"....

Thats all from me.....

And that is quite enough, too.

You know, I usually let stuff like this just pass by, like the self righteous "expert" drivel that caused me to stop entering contests many years ago, but I don't think I will this time.

"Oh, the car is a model and nothing else is."

Is that right, Mr. Selfappointed Expert About my Pictures?

You might just want to re-think that opinion, slick.

aaamail.jpg

I do these things for fun and not to be perfect. Most people get a kick out of my "kits" and "magazine covers" and I enjoy doing them and sharing them with my fellow modelers. I didn't know that I had entered your "contest" and would be treated like I had tried to pass a conterfiet $20 bill. If that's an example of how you're treated here then I may just check out the threads every so often and not burden you with my pitiful efforts that don't measure up to your high standards.

And that orange car on the side panel could have been the street version of this kit and the race car on the cover is blue, not grey.

And now, that's all from me.

Luke,

Over a year ago I posted this Doug Whyte photo on a certain message board and commented (not seriously) "When did Model King Dave start using real cars on his box art"

Most people got it but there were a few that just picked the photo to pieces and said they weren't fooled and those kind of comments.

I don't think they really meant to be mean spirited about it but a couple of comments came across that way.

I learned that with this type of art work you either appreciate it for what it is or you don't. I say keep up the good work Luke !

BroncoCougar02-vi.jpg

This may not be the place for it but I was wondering how you seperate the main image from the background in Photoshop. One of the things I like to build is US Forest Service vehicles and I'd love to be able to place some of my models in front of 1-1 Forest Service lookout towers and fire stations.

Thanks

If you go by Mitchum on some other forums I've seen some of your other work, very nice. You have a fun way of displaying your work and thats why I think most of us do this in the first place.

Thanks everybody, I now feel like I am a part of the "family". You are right, I do this for the fun of it and to honor my friends and heroes from my youth that built my favorite sport and have been largely forgotten by today's NA$CAR.

Hey Aaronw, the easiest program to use to do what I do is the PictureIt program from MicroSoft. I've got PictureIt'99 and I use it to do the rough cuts because you can actually see the different images you are working with when you resize them as you go. No guessing at percentages of enlargement and you can go back and forth between the images easier.

I use PaintShop Pro for the final tweaking because it has better fine control and more precise sizing controls. Hope that helps.

I hope the type of comments I've seen lately can be dispelled before they spread.

The spirit of fun at no one's cost is one the reasons I enjoy this forum as opposed

to the "other" one!!!

Luke57 keep them coming. I agree with Terry about your work.

Luke, I have enjoyed your work on SA and over here.I wouldn't let what anyone said about your work stop you from posting it. From what I have seen, your work is outstanding. Keep it comin!! Besides, no matter where you go there will always be some ahole who feels as if they have to run someone else's work down. Mageck

And that is quite enough, too.

You know, I usually let stuff like this just pass by, like the self righteous "expert" drivel that caused me to stop entering contests many years ago, but I don't think I will this time.

"Oh, the car is a model and nothing else is."

Is that right, Mr. Selfappointed Expert About my Pictures?

You might just want to re-think that opinion, slick.

aaamail.jpg

I do these things for fun and not to be perfect. Most people get a kick out of my "kits" and "magazine covers" and I enjoy doing them and sharing them with my fellow modelers. I didn't know that I had entered your "contest" and would be treated like I had tried to pass a conterfiet $20 bill. If that's an example of how you're treated here then I may just check out the threads every so often and not burden you with my pitiful efforts that don't measure up to your high standards.

And that orange car on the side panel could have been the street version of this kit and the race car on the cover is blue, not grey.

And now, that's all from me.

Well, ya sure put me on place....

I can do nothing but apologize, i guess i misunderstood your intentions with this post..

I always enjoy your magazine covers. Time for a new issue isn't it(hint, hint)? B)B)

Now I KNOW you wouldn't be talking about something like this, would you?

turnerSI.jpg

I might just have to do something like that in the very near future.

Hey JAFFA, lets just write this one off to "language barriar" and start over clean. Deal?

Well that is very great of you, we got a deal!

Wonderful, glad to have a new friend from WWAAAAYY across the water. And thanks for the compliment on the pic.

If you're ever in the neighborhood, drop by the race car shop and we'll swap lies and building tips.

dvdANNOUNCEMENT.jpg

And if you bring a ride we'll do a little match racing on my little race track, bring soft Goodyears and a 4.58 gear.

_1dalejr.jpg

LOL, i just might do that!

Ok, the building, and the ground are part of the diorama, but the trees are real? right? ;)

LoL

That's right. I usually put the shop, track or whatever base I'm using on the roof of my real car. It gives just about the right perspective for the real trees in the background. Unfrortunatley, most of the trees are fast growing pines and it won't be long until I have to put the bases on the roof of my Ford F-100 and stand on a ladder to get the same shot. That's how my camers came to have a violent meeting with the ground a week or so ago that means I'm in the market for a new camera unexpectedly. :P

Edited by LUKE'57