Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Nissan GC110 Skyline GT-X

PatW

Thanks slusher. Although I looked at this on Google, but chose the easy option as I'd never built one before......

GC110Skyline_zps23b6941d.png

Bob there's no brightwork on the Nissan thank god. You say 'Very nicely done' then frighten me about BMF, I'm putting it off as long as I can!

I suppose for training purposes I can start with covering sprue with BMF, is that a good idea? Now where can I find some chromed sprue?

Yes guys. I don't think it looks so cool as the box art shows.

One other thing............ when building the front steering assembly,the pins on the top and bottom of the streering/wheel fitments are long. to get a standard ride height, (you are supplied with two collars) you put the collars on the top pin, to lower the front put the collars on the bottom pin.

So you have a choice, but beware as the tyres are perhaps too wide to go up into the arches, so you need to modify there. Yes the steering does work very well.

Edited by PatW

It looks good, Pat.

The paint looks nice and smooth, too.

I got sweaty the first time I tried BMF, but the results are SO worth it.

Maybe try a little on the door handles, before you progress onto long pieces of trim.

Believe me...if you can make a kit look this neat and tidy, then foil is well within your grasp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...