Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

"Overture, curtain, lights!

This is it. The night of nights.

No more rehearsing or nursing a part.

We know every part by heart!

Bugs Bunny. Grew up with it.

By the way, I think it is called "Overture". So much for not using the title in the clue...

Edited by Scale-Master

Bugs Bunny. Grew up with it.By the way, I think it is called "Overture". So much for not using the title in the clue...

I didn't use the title. A bit of research and you would see that! ;)

But the boat belonged to a kooky old witch

Who had in mind the flute to snitch

From her broom broom in the sky

She watched her plans materialize

She waved her wand

The beautiful boat was gone

The skies grew dark

The sea grew rough

And the boat sailed on and on and on and on and on and on.

Nothing.

We're playing the game on the honor system. :D

I've googled one or two, but only if I knew that I knew the song and artist and couldn't think of the title, or knew the title and couldn't think of the artist. Haven't googled any that I didn't already know.

Roll out! Roll out with your American dream and its recruits,

I've been ready.

Roll out! Roll out with your circus freaks and hula hoops,

I've been ready.

I know it's Alice Cooper and I think it's from his first album. I can "hear" it but can't think of the title.

You put your right hand in,

You put your right hand out,

You put your right hand in,

And you shake it all about,

When you combine that with a Clapton tune, you find out what "it's all about" "after midnight" :P

I know it's Alice Cooper and I think it's from his first album. I can "hear" it but can't think of the title.

Hello Hooray, I think- from Billion Dollar Babies. He opened the show with in in June '73.

I've googled one or two, but only if I knew that I knew the song and artist and couldn't think of the title, or knew the title and couldn't think of the artist. Haven't googled any that I didn't already know.

I only google ones I'm posting, to check I got the lyrics right - and sometimes the lyric sites themselves get the lyrics wrong!

I believe you're right--and I saw him do it live, too! (I think ZZ Top was the opening act, if you can believe it.)

In '74, I saw Spooky Tooth, followed by ZZ Top, followed by the Edgar Winter Group (with Rick Derringer). Don't remember the first; ZZ Top was three guys, two with beards, that were a bit monotonous and Edgar and his band put on a good show ("Frankenstein" and "Free Ride"). Cobo Hall in beautiful Detroit, MI.

Nobody got it?

It's "California Uber Alles" by the Dead Kennedys.

Oh, thanks. Now that's gonna be in my head all day. :rolleyes:

(Not really. I've never heard it. I don't believe I've ever heard any Dead Kennedys song--not that I know of, anyway.)

In '74, I saw Spooky Tooth, followed by ZZ Top, followed by the Edgar Winter Group (with Rick Derringer). Don't remember the first; ZZ Top was three guys, two with beards, that were a bit monotonous and Edgar and his band put on a good show ("Frankenstein" and "Free Ride"). Cobo Hall in beautiful Detroit, MI.

I saw Edgar Winter in '74 (I think) with Rick Derringer, and I believe Johnny did a brief cameo too. I think the opening act was Brownsville Station. They were much better than their one-hit-wonder status might indicate. I bought two of their albums--good stuff!