Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

Umm, I thought that would be cheating. I guess were not playing by the same set of rules. What's to keep everyone from just googling the lyrics?

Umm, I did not say that. Sheesh. I was suggesting once you have lyrics you can research a title. I found out the title by researching those lyrics. The first set of lyrics I posted on here someone googled them to find them.

Edited by midnightprowler

I don't have to explain what's on my mind

Show ya, show ya, gonna make you mine

Ain't no mountain too high to climb

Show ya, show ya, gonna take the time

Show ya (Show ya)

Show ya (Show ya)

Umm, I did not say that. Sheesh. I was suggesting once you have lyrics you can research a title. I found out the title by researching those lyrics. The first set of lyrics I posted on here someone googled them to find them.

Umm...yeah, that sounds exactly like what I thought you mean. Looking up the lyrics to research the title. I thought that would have been considered cheating.

So thanks for making my point.

I've got a hot rod Ford and a two dollar bill

And there's just a spot right over the hill

There's soda pop and the dancin's free

Hey good lookin - Hank Williams sr and jr How did you come up with that older song? My dad liked Hank Sr but its been over 30 years since I remember him listening to it..

Umm...yeah, that sounds exactly like what I thought you mean. Looking up the lyrics to research the title. I thought that would have been considered cheating.

So thanks for making my point.

I Did research to find the lyrics to the theme song and then there, with the lyrics to the song I posted was the title. I could care less if someone uses that method. I did it just so I was sure of the lyrics and that I had the right title to post on here.. When I guess someone elses song I dont. But if you want to, so what? The idea of the game is to get the song title. I think we are getting too uptight about a stupid little game here.

Edited by midnightprowler

Well he's big around the middle and he's broad across the rump
Runnin' ninety miles an hour takin' forty feet a jump
Ain't never been caught he ain't never been treed some folks say he's a lot like me

Well he's big around the middle and he's broad across the rump

Runnin' ninety miles an hour takin' forty feet a jump

Ain't never been caught he ain't never been treed some folks say he's a lot like me

I know this is country and I think about a bear, I remember Porter wagoner singing it and johnny cash has but can't remember the name. My parents only listened to country and watched all the shows. I still listen to some classic country but I really like rock and pop and some metal..

And I love this one, especially the version his girlfriend recorded (extra gold stars if you name them both!)

The jacks and the queens

Have forsaked the courtyard

Fifty-two gypsies

Now file past the guards

In the space where the deuce

And the ace once ran wild

Yep! That might give a clue on my post #1537...

Farewell Angelina - Bob dylan

I know this is country and I think about a bear, I remember Porter wagoner singing it and johnny cash has but can't remember the name. My parents only listened to country and watched all the shows. I still listen to some classic country but I really like rock and pop and some metal..

Neither artist is correct. It is country however.

Farewell Angelina - Bob dylan

It's amazing the number of songs Dylan wrote that other people (all of them better singers :D ) made famous or had hits with. I used to have a whole mental list of them but the only one I can think of at the moment is "All Along the Watchtower." I suppose there's a whole generation now that thinks "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" is a Guns N Roses song. :blink:

(About a decade or a little more ago, I shocked my teenage daughter one day when I started singing "All the Young Dudes." "Dad, you KNOW that song????!!!!" Evidently someone covered it for a popular movie in the '90s or something. I told her I'd been singing that song since her Mama was still in high school. :lol: )

It's amazing the number of songs Dylan wrote that other people (all of them better singers :D ) made famous or had hits with.

I think Bob Dylan may be the one artist that the most other artists have covered and have had hits doing his songs. The Byrds practically based their whole career (at least in the beginning) on Dylan covers.