Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post your Revell 1970 Cuda

jjsipes

Here's mine from 2011, it was my third build after returning to the hobby and the first on to be polished. I remember being terrified the entire time, paranoid I was going to mess it up. Up till that point the thought of taking sandpaper of any grit to a paint job was considered suicidal. But it all worked out and now I doesn't bother me, I just grab a model and start grinding away without any real worries. The paint is Testors Lime Ice.

S8000222.jpg

S8000201.jpg

S8000253.jpg

Some great looking 'Cudas here. If I had to pick a favourite I'd probably go for Jason's car with the patterned vinyl roof - but it would be a close call.

Thank you. I was worried how the ModTop decal would lay down but, it worked out pretty good. Been thinking about a '69 Barracuda ModTop for awhile now. Might have to soon get that started.

All the Cudas look great. Thanks for sharing. For people complainingabout the kit it sure does build up nicely I think.

• 6 months later...

Not what you had in mind, I know, but it IS a "Revell '70 Cuda." This is the 1/24 AAR Cuda I started sorting out a couple years ago. I chopped the back of the roof off and moved it back about 1/8" and filled it in, then shaved down and reshaped the tops of the rear fenders.

All the HARD work done, of course I lost interest in the project and put it back in the box, where it's lived ever since...sigh....

70CudaAARWIP16.jpg