Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

gluing on clear parts?

I'm sure there are a million ways to do it. I just use Testors #3515 "Clear Parts Cement". Works well for me. I also use it for a lot of small detail parts on the body where I'm worried about getting glue on the finish such as antennas, mirrors, photo etched parts, etc. If you over do it, you can rub the glue off of the paint while it's still a little soft. I suppose good old "Elmers" would work as well. Steve

This stuff is made for it (as is Testors 3515 and others...all PVA glues...polyvinyl acetate...as is Elmer's). No solvents to attack the plastic and no "smoking" like most CA glues do.

Downside is that the stuff has NO strength wet and takes time to set up, so the parts have to be fixtured in place somehow.

micro%20kristal%20klear-9.jpg

Watch crystal cement is another option. Available here...http://www.micromark.com/watch-crystal-cement-two-1and3-oz-tubes,7468.html

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Sorry new to modelling so whats a light bucket? o.o

It's a generic car term. the "light bucket" or HEADLIGHT bucket is the non-clear (lens) part of the headlight. It's the "bucket" the actual light lives in. Various headlight buckets look like this...

AC941411.pngIMG_6571_1.JPG

d7000_2012_03_18-18_14_14_025.jpg

Headlights-60.jpg The bulb, or bulb-and-lens asembly is separate, and is the "clear" part represented in a model kit.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy