Model Cars Magazine Forum

View from my office. What does everyone else do all day?

freakshow12

My office lately has mostly been the '47 Caddy in the foreground, getting a full build with an LS-1, 4L80E, AC, and power everything. This is the view from there...

That's quite an office! What's the SP on the two Fords?

That's quite an office! What's the SP on the two Fords?

The '34 3-window was going to be a 5-window, but the body shell was so bad (pretty much gone from the middle of the doors down) the owner decided to start with a vastly better 3W. She'll be all steel, traditional, shiny, full-fendered with a built '48 Ford flathead. We just took the steel roof insert out, done probably 50 years ago (badly) and are going back with a built-up stock style roof. The steel repro floors and subrails are getting jigged on the frame as we speak, and an original firewall is about ready to spot-weld back into the shell before it also gets jigged for major repairs. The engine and suspension are done.

The '32 roadster is another all steel car, every part genuine pre '48 or '49, no repop if humanly possible. It's a very subtle period-correct shiny highboy build, getting a full-house Mercury flathead. It's taken some time to correct over 80 years worth of "repairs" to the body and frame. The client is a kinda well-known rocker, also well-known for the quality of his cars.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The '34 3-window was going to be a 5-window, but the body shell was so bad (pretty much gone from the middle of the doors down) the owner decided to start with a vastly better 3W. She'll be all steel, traditional, shiny, full-fendered with a built '48 Ford flathead. We just took the steel roof insert out, done probably 50 years ago (badly) and are going back with a built-up stock style roof. The steel repro floors and subrails are getting jigged on the frame as we speak, and an original firewall is about ready to spot-weld back into the shell before it also gets jigged for major repairs. The engine and suspension are done.

The '32 roadster is another all steel car, every part genuine pre '48 or '49, no repop if humanly possible. It's a very subtle period-correct shiny highboy build, getting a full-house Mercury flathead. It's taken some time to correct over 80 years worth of "repairs" to the body and frame. The client is a kinda well-known rocker, also well-known for the quality of his cars.

James-Hetfield-james-hetfield-30943489-1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. What about your own projects?

This next week my office will have an ocean view and temperatures in the high 80s! I'll be in Puerto Rico from Saturday to Saturday running a conference for a large company. I don't think I'll get much down time since I'll be busy from the time I get up until after the planned dinners. But it will be nice to be somewhere different!