Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parking Fun , You know it makes you mad.

Greg Myers

We've been having to put Mom in the hospital ever 3-6 months the last few years due to medical issues and the hospital has a nice 2 level parking structure. Dad and I usually try to park in the lower, covered, portion when visiting Mom while she's there and there's 2 entrance/exit points, one on each end, each with it's own path, as pictured.

20140112_131055_zps4hi7l5mf.jpg

Either last January or the one before that I went to visit Mom after work and drove my Jeep down the ramp to get to that parking area, only to find a big Toyota SUV blocking the entrance due to it being PARKED right where you drive in......as seen below.

20140111_182345_zpstfuo7wzd.jpg

After I parked, I took the above pic and reported the vehicle before going on to Mom's room and it was gone by the time I left.

Well, Mom is back in the hospital again, "second verse, same as the first" as to why, and when Dad and I left tonight, I spot what's in the below pic, point it out to Dad, we laughed, I took the pic, and we went home and then got some dinner.

20150102_215046_zpsdjkidvpy.jpg

Parkers ticked me off the other evening. My wife was ill and we went up to our local Urgent Care Facility, part of a medical complex built out in the Exton Mall. There are several rows of spaces all clearly marked "Patient Parking Only" and they were completely full so I had to drop my wife off at the door and park in a distant lot across a bridge that is meant as employee parking...and it was cold and raining too!

We get inside the Urgent Care and there are hardly any people there. Obviously classless mall shoppers who couldn't care less just parked in the patient spots. As we sat in the waiting area, I saw many people come into the facility like it was an alternate mall entrance. The girls at the desk laughed, "Yea there goes another one." So I told them that those same folks had taken all their parking spaces. I told the manager they needed a security guy at the door to stop them and make them move their friggin cars too.

Edited by Tom Geiger

• 2 weeks later...

While I feel that we all need to respect others property, I know that the majority of drivers on the road don't care.

When I had my new Acura, I parked it at the far end of the lot, about 50 spaces away from the nearest car. Know what? Some D bag parked 10 inches from my car, over the painted line, and still left me a door ding as a parting gift.

No excuse when I'm between the lines.

Happens to me all the time, regardless of what I drive. From a POS Cavalier, to my Civic, or my van.

Call it bad luck, but there is nothing you can do to protect your car unattended in a public raking area.

I have a few retaliation stories too, but those could be admissions to a crime lol