Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

I picked these up tonight because I happened to be in town by the Hobby Lobby. I normally wouldnt buy the snap kit, but because the Pete Wrecker comes with extra frame rails I can use them to make a decent frame. Im stocking up on 1100 series 359s to build a fleet of tandem dumpers. So the snap kit will be cut to a daycab, frame replaced, rear suspension and axles replaced, and scratchbuilt dump body added.

AA57C70E-EC03-406E-ACEA-C84FD7B09E9F_zps

No JT, I've got one better! A good friend of mine had a Papa Truck that I did everything short of steal to get off of him and I just couldn't seem to talk him out of it. Well, a couple years ago we were talking and he told me he was going through the model room cleaning up before he came over and he had a "surprise" for me. Yeah, it was a surprise alright, he walked in with Papa Truck in hand and floored me with his response when I asked him what he brought it for, he said "for you"! He said he lost interest in it since he didn't have the Super Boss to go with it and he knew I wanted all the years he had it so he just gave it to me. My years of persistentance paid off, and proved just how good of a friend to me he is!

Now, that's a good buddy to have.....You know you owe him one, right??? lol....

Here are some kits I scored last week.

And that's a great score, as well....Can't get enough of those Aerodynes.....And I can't wait to get onto that Volvo I got, too.....

Edited by kilrathy10

So, I scored this Italeri IVECO Stralis the other day from Hobby Link, and I got a great deal. It was only $40!

DSC02524_zpsbb9f100a.jpg

Now that I have the kit, can anyone tell me a little bit about this truck? I'm not that familiar with European trucks. I just got it because it looks cool. What year is it? Does anyone know what type of engine is in the kit truck? Inquiring minds want to know!

I was thinking of doing in in the Monjean Transporte livery:

3869_foto_prof_sxLR_zps2570df0f.jpg

Maybe Italeri will come out with an IVECO Strator one of these days.

Hauben_IVECO_LKW_Strator_zpsef39d9d8.jpg

Nah!

Edited by Jim B

I picked these up tonight because I happened to be in town by the Hobby Lobby. I normally wouldnt buy the snap kit, but because the Pete Wrecker comes with extra frame rails I can use them to make a decent frame. Im stocking up on 1100 series 359s to build a fleet of tandem dumpers. So the snap kit will be cut to a daycab, frame replaced, rear suspension and axles replaced, and scratchbuilt dump body added.

AA57C70E-EC03-406E-ACEA-C84FD7B09E9F_zps

Hey Terry. I got your same California Hauler at Hobby Lobby also, with a 40% discount. Love Hobby Lobby!

Edited by angelo7

Scored some pretty cool built up old Macks! the mixer is pretty rough, but the R model is a decent build and ill probably do some minor tweaking to it and give her some good ol' dirt! The mixer might get traded off , I don't know yet.

Sam - I think both of them look pretty nice . Good score :)

X2!! The Roadway looks great, ready to hook up to a trailer or set of doubles and go! And if the mixer does hit the trade list, let me know. I'm already seeing the mixer on something else and a big heavy wrecker for the cab! :D

Scored some pretty cool built up old Macks! the mixer is pretty rough, but the R model is a decent build and ill probably do some minor tweaking to it and give her some good ol' dirt! The mixer might get traded off , I don't know yet.

Great score Sam. That DM will be fun to play with. Its begging for some taller resin wheels.

I honestly don't know yet. I'm sure if I'm gonna build it, stash it or trade it. I just don't know. It's not in the realm of my cup of tea.

I hear ya, Im the same. Ive had a few forever and theyre just sitting. I came up with a dynamite plan for one of them, but the other ones just sittin there waiting for the phone to ring.