Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

I just got a bill signs pete last week.Great deal $50.00.Just proves you don't have to pay the huge money people think these things are worth. No need for a picture everyone knows what they are.Not sure what to do with it yet,seeing that its not true to the prototype it wont be a bill signs replica.

I just got a bill signs pete last week.Great deal $50.00.Just proves you don't have to pay the huge money people think these things are worth. No need for a picture everyone knows what they are.Not sure what to do with it yet,seeing that its not true to the prototype it wont be a bill signs replica.

Bill Signs Trucking has a few Petes that are very nice, and be built from the kit with a little bashing. Just Google Bill Signs Trucking, that should get your ideas goin.

Awesome score, when it was out on store shelves it was around $100 so you did very well.  Where did you find that, at a garage sale?

Bill Signs Trucking has a few Petes that are very nice, and be built from the kit with a little bashing. Just Google Bill Signs Trucking, that should get your ideas goin.

Ive seen a few of the different trucks.one with funky looking tanks and another had a bunk with the kit rear frame mods.The thing is that this kit has a 72 inch spread and I'm from Ontario where there was lots of them,  they are still used some what .I like the chassis and a few of the custom features more than that its a pete.it will be a heavy hauler for sure.spoke wheels??

Awesome score, when it was out on store shelves it was around $100 so you did very well.  Where did you find that, at a garage sale?

I got it from a guy you know....Ray. We've been computer chatting, trading ,swapping, and meeting for a long time now. Not as long as you though. Had to jump on it.It was opened,the box has some wear, but I don't collect boxes.

Edited by mistermodel

Came across another collection that I couldn't resist buying, some of these kits I've been searching years for, sadly no challenge mixer yet but someday

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'd be happy just to find the International mixer and a Beall tanker!! Nice score!:D

mine did lol

So did the nearest one to me in Robinson (Pittsburgh) PA, I grabbed the only one they had on the shelf!

20160730_194018_zps2ovy8s0p.jpg

The rest all came from a smaller local hobby shop, and I noticed the Freightliner was $5 more at Hobby Lobby than the local shop I picked this one up at. I would have gotten the Boss there too, but they didn't have any yet. That's OK though, I need more Bosses anyway, this one is already a parts kit, the Buzzin Dozen is going in my custom Ford!

Edited by highway

Not really a kit, but a little of bringing my work home with me. 

The rolled Swift truck was the tractor that came with the trailer, and shows even model Swift trucks can't avoid wrecking :lol:, and I bought a pack of 4 Schneider daycabs to have something close to the trucks we have at work. I wanted a sleeper version, but I didn't find one, but there are a few of the white daycabs in our fleet. The other 3 in the Schneider pack of tractors I picked up are an orange and a black Cascidia just like the white version, and an orange Prostar daycab. 

Sure man, Id like to see them. 

Well I recieve the trucks yesterday but the Mack r 700 was completely a mess, the mack DM  600 no so bad but need a total restoration. Like I said is savable here are the picks. 

IMG_20160806_131634.jpg

IMG_20160806_145438.jpg

IMG_20160806_145503.jpg

IMG_20160806_132959.jpg