Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lilly and Kabuki Syndrome

DrKerry

Talk about a turn of events in a persons life. A Doctor out in Maryland that we know has done the almost impossible. He has found a way to reverse Kabuki Syndrome!!!!!!! For those of you that don't know our daughter has a rare syndrome called Kabuki Syndrome and the doctors have been working on finding a way to reverse it.

Talk about a HUGE milestone for us!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone that wants to read the article..... http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-10/jhm-dti092514.php

Great news 12. Yrs ago they found a way to reverse osteopetrosis (not osteoporosis) which I was born with and had chance to reverse its effects and was the first one too try it. It was a success for me. All the time in hospitals made me a modeler btw. So glad and happy for you and more so for Lilly

Thanks Ken, good to see you again tonight.. We're hopeful this is going to open so many doors.....

I had a scare tonight with her though. On the way to AMG club meeting she had her first seizure. I turned to say something to her and her eyes and face were twitching like crazy. I about crapped, then she came out of it... Life of a special needs child has a lot of ups and downs.....

Dave, they say the trials are going to start within the next ten years. Not sure when but... Hopefully sooner than that!!!