Model Cars Magazine Forum

78 International Scout 2

Hi guys,

back with a new built, this time an Internatonal Scout, from AMT ( Ertl model at first ). A very simple built for a change, just try to be sa close as possible with the 1/1, especially with the grill paint treatment, and also the color choice ( close to the "Willow Green" from the 78 color Chip ). Everything is from the box except some detail on the engine bay ( wiring and power brake booster ). For fun I've add a canoe from an old MPC kit, with a home made gallery, but decide not to glue this on the top like this I could use it for another built.

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did ;)

DSC08444_zps3cd3ac10.jpg

DSC08445_zps53b67ba2.jpg

DSC08446_zps663fe4d7.jpg

DSC08447_zpsce520127.jpg

DSC08448_zpsfbfc8454.jpg

Super! tres beau! iconic 70's 4x4, always liked the design of the ScoutII.

The MPC Canoe is a very nice & accurate detail for that type of vehicule, remember seeing fishers & hunters way back in the 70's carrying a Canoe on top of those 4x4 (ScoutII's, Blazers, Jimmys, Broncos, Wagoneers, etc), heading for lakes/wild country in Michigan or up in Canada.

Can't beat that color & those lovely Michigan "Bi-Centenial" plates!

This is one really cool looking model....I don't know why I never bought one of these models....Great decals....They really make it look cool....I think I prefer it with the rack on top, too, but I wouldn't have glued the canoe on, either.....Great job.....

And that's a really cool 1:1 Scout you have, there, Daniel....80k all original.....Awesome.....

Edited by kilrathy10

This is one really cool looking model....I don't know why I never bought one of these models....Great decals....They really make it look cool....I think I prefer it with the rack on top, too, but I wouldn't have glued the canoe on, either.....Great job.....

And that's a really cool 1:1 Scout you have, there, Daniel....80k all original.....Awesome.....

thanks alot! look to get it transported from minnesota- ah to Mississippi so i can get it registered here as an antique truck and start driving it again and not have to get a plate for the truck ever again antique plate car/ truck in mississippi = one time only forever :)

Thanks for the nice comments, I hope finding the up top version from ERTL someday ;)

454582_1-vi.jpg

would love to get one of these too!!! going to try to scratchbuild one first as the redily available kits are still plentiful and much cheaper!!

you out there round 2 ? this would be one to dig up from the archives!