Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ratmad Car-Toon Style

Pat Minarick

Nice job. Any more details.

Thanks Bob, I didn't take any other pictures of it when I started building it.It's a deals wheels Go-Mad , narrowed up with a reverse chop top .I used the the chassis pan from the Nomad and the front part of the frame and suspension from the Paddy Wagon , the motor is out of the Groovy Grader and the rear tires are out of the Creepy Crawler , all the rest came out of my parts box.Every thing was brush painted and weathered with some pastels.

Great looking 57....what's the steps in getting the frame looking like you did

Thanks John , you start with a flat black base then go over it with acrylic's , black and brick red and a old beat up brush .Add some rusty colors of pastels and seal it with dull cote , then dry brush with a dirty white color.

Cool !

Thanks Ray.

Fantastic!!! That will make a great companion, for your '56. The weathering, especially the frame, is outstanding.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff , I just had to build another one , Jimmy Flintstone asked me about making some more so he can cast them. I might have to build a shiny version!

whouw cooooool !!!!!

Thanks Richard.