Model Cars Magazine Forum

reissued Monogram T-bucket

mrm

There are a few non-Monogram parts on that Little Drag (not that it matters, it still looks great). The Monogram 1/24 scale '55 Chevy (Badman) will have the blower setup (except for the scoop). The rear wheels and slicks could be pulled from any of several Monogram 1/24 scale rod kits. Like the one shown, the headers would be from something else (those look like headers from the AMT parts pack Pontiac engine). The roll bar is probably scratchbuilt. I've wanted to do one of those too; mine would be a little bit different, I'd probably use the spoked wheels from the recent issues on the front, and swap the Little T front brake backing plates onto the later issue kit so I could use the trailer wheels/tires on the front of that one.

Fellas,

What a really nice build, why doesn't Monogram just get the kit back together and reissue it as they did in the case of the "Blue/Bandit/Beetle ? I'm sure they'd sell a great deal of them, with the nostalgia thing raging, why wait ???

• 2 years later...

I bought one of those from Hobby Lobby early last year.  Someone had slit the bottom of the box and pilfered the T-Bucket body and nothing else.  I think if I am risking getting caught shoplifting it would not be for a plastic T-bucket.<_<  Anyway got it very reasonably, I think around $10.  So now I have a good hot rod chassis, engine, and everything else, and I have a couple of different bodies in my parts box.