Model Cars Magazine Forum

half a dozen 69 camaro's *new pic's 3-8* all 6 complete!

tbill

no progress pic's today, spent the day at the Spring Thaw show in Utica today, but, I was lucky enough to snag this B)

photo_zps152e4855.jpg

now, I had taken all 4 of these builds, but didn't pay close attention to the sheets I filled out as to what car had what entry number, but near as I can figure due to the order I filled out the sheets, this was the winner :D

hope to make progress on number 5 this week, stay tuned...........

thanks guys :) I was really shocked to win anything really, I was floored.

now on to today's progress, number 5 is foiled,

photo_zpsfa33c9f8.jpg

photo_zpsedf7cc6f.jpg

photo_zps9d0128ed.jpg

photo_zps4fdbd6e9.jpg

photo_zps13cb5180.jpg

gotta do the headliner in white, then after that it should go together fast. might have this one done this weekend with some luck.

thanks for following along............

rolling right along, tonight saw the addition of the PE emblems, bumpers and the rest of the under hood stuff. all I have left is the exhaust [paint drying], paint the underside of the hood, add the hood pins and put the mirrors on. should be able to wrap this up Friday night [got bowling tomorrow night].

photo_zps57d1c3fd.jpg

photo_zps3697a9a1.jpg

photo_zpsadd13c54.jpg

photo_zpse8c9011e.jpg

number 6 should hit the bench Saturday morning B)

Very cool, I admire your perseverance in working through all six! I would've lost interest as soon as I could imagine what number one would look like finished! And I'll bet you could build this kit in your sleep by now!

One question- In building these assembly line style, what amount of time do you think you saved over building six individual models?

Tom, as far as losing interest, I have my eye on the big picture [cars/titan 90/ car hauler], and as I started each new color car 'completion' it almost felt like a new model, so it kept me going. I hope that makes some sense.

time savings? well, I usually take a month to build something [car/rig etc.], right now I am four days shy of 4 months on this project, so I guess I 'saved' 2 months.

to be honest, the other thing that got my blood really pumping again on this adventure was going to the Spring Thaw show this past weekend, seeing the 4 completed ones on the show table in surroundings other than my model room let me see them in a different light [literally], and that got my enthusiasm up as well.

I am quite certain I will never do 6 at once again, two maybe, 6?, forget about it :lol:

I can understand your viewpoint, of looking at the big picture of completing the entire vision. I know that feeling of not being able to wait to get back to the work bench as something is coming along very well, so I understand!

Plus as you said seeing the 4 completed ones on the show table, along with the encouragement of this board would keep you fueled!

Thanks for the explanation!

wait till you see the whole 'she-bang' :P

plans now include a 'power plus' gas station kit done up in Baldwin Motion theme and a few more tid bits.

this may become the project that never ends..............

Jeff, thanks :)

Edited by tbill

Michael, thanks. they are kit chrome believe it or not. i painted the wheel centers either silver or flat aluminum [can't remeber which one lol], then used one of those black micro pens to color in the slots. just had to be carefull not to get paint on the outer ring or the center cap.