Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Shoe's" '71 Barracuda

AZ Boy

Just finished this one today...Don Schumacher's 1971 Stardust Barracuda F/C. I used a resin 'Cuda body along with a modified Revell chassis. Aside from the front of the chassis, the rest of this build fell together pretty quickly (for me, that is!). I used Calnaga Casting's resin Enderle injector along with their parachutes. I also used a combination of Charlie's Pro Tech wiring and some Detail Master too. I hope you all will enjoy, and as usual...comments and questions are certainly welcome.

imagejpg7_zps1606447e.jpg

imagejpg10_zps983740b3.jpg

imagejpg16_zpse8f9e137.jpg

imagejpg4_zpse91ef047.jpg

Great job. Wondering why the headlights are circles instead of what the actual car looks like.. hmmm.. The car looks awesome. Funny Cars have always been cool..

EDIT: Just googled a 1971 Cuda grill and I now know that the 71 grille had two lights instead of one like the 1970 or 72-74. I see now.

Edited by DynoMight

Thanks again, fellas. Tomas, the front independant suspension was scratchbuilt on to a Revell chassis. This was my first effort at this type of modification. There are three more cars I want to build that have the same setup, so hopefully the next ones will be more detailled than this one.