Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cool trucks (rigs or pick ups) have you seen lately?

Great shots, Clayton.....You know I'm diggin' those race rigs.....Gives me some more ideas....Thanks a lot, Man....

And that's a pretty cool looking old truck, Mike.....Wow...I'm not sure I'd be able to bed down in one of those tiny sleepers, though....I'd probably freak out.....lol....

I have driven Route 66 from Topock via Oatman and Kingman, to Seligman and boy was that cool, lots to see...but after Hackberry it got too dark to see much so when we came to Seligman we continued on the I40 to Flagstaff, the day after we took the I 17 down to Phoenix, unfortunatley it was too dark when we left Flagstaff in the early morning so we didn't take the route through Sedona...well maybe next time.

Here are some more cool trucks seen under a couple of my other trips to your country.

We'll start with these taken back in 2006 and a Kenworth W 900L I saw near Venice Beach CA outside a car dealer.

DSC08092.jpg

Another truck, a Ford F650 shot on a parking lot near Venice Beach CA.

DSC08105.jpg

Now we skip ahead 3 years and land in the year 2009 and a couple of trucks at a friends property in Hesperia CA (your hometown Clayton). ;) .

Two Peterbilt's...the black 379 he had just sold when I took the pictures and the green 359 is most likely still there...he has had that one as long as I've known him...wich is about 16 years.

He also had a 63 inch Peterbilt flat top sleeper when I was there last.

IMG_6072b.jpg

Usa20091013053b.jpg

IMG_6082b.jpg

I have more pictures taken under my trips and I'll continue with more of them another day.

I want that green Pete

Saw this baby, this morning....It was quite a bit on the dirty side, but my man quickly got to rectifying that situation.....

SAM_63521024x567_zpsc31d64be.jpg

SAM_63541024x506_zps79d464b4.jpg

SAM_63641024x660_zps4a89debe.jpg

SAM_63651024x499_zpsd03287a0.jpg

Wow!!! Now that is a long wheel base. What did it need to pull for a such a long wheel base?