Model Cars Magazine Forum

58 and 59 Impala Cousins

customsrus

Here are a couple of older builds. I decided to post them together since they were built about the same time, and I had dozen of Corvette kits to pick parts from. LOL.

First up is a 1958 Chevy. First off I dissected the Impala and the C5 Corvette bodies, then I grafted the front and back halves to the C5 center section. Used the custom front from the 58 and added the Chezoom grille bar to this. Front wheel opening were reshaped. I had to widen the rear section of the 58 to fit the Corvette chassis .Lower section of the Corvette was then added to it. I also added the hood blister to the 58 hood. Interior is from the corvette. added seat belts made from ribbon. Chassis is from the Corvette. I had to extend the chassis behind the rear wheels using parts from the vette and the impala. Paint is Duplicolor Autumn Maple Metallic.

IMG_0118-vi.jpgIMG_0120-vi.jpg

Next up Is a 59 Impala. This one I had to shorten the impala body to fit a C6 chassis. Then added the corvette roof section. I added some inner hood bracing and a hood blister. Modified the rear valance for the corvette exhaust. Corvette interior modified to fit. Chassis and drivetrain are from the corvette, and again I had to extend chassis behind the rear wheels. Inner fenders are scratch built. Paint is Duplicolor Orange Mist. I am sure I am forgetting some details on these builds, So I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for looking..

IMG_0134-vi.jpgIMG_0138-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

Some very very nicely done custom work there mate, from the idea to the execution, looks just great with both of them.

Pick a favorite, i would say the 58, but the 59 looks just as good i think.

I really like this sort of custom work myself, and too many pics is way better than only 1.

Great ideas and well done! As I saw the first picture, I was also reminded on the "789" (post #9)

The only thing I dislike: the hoods aren't closing properly. Van you fix that or will you still leave them open? The idea to make the hoods functional is a master piece. Sadly of the closing :(