Model Cars Magazine Forum

peterbilt 359 wrecker

ok truck i might just change it now the color i know some are white some are yellow just wanted to see what u all thot the main paint job will be blue it just to off set the color from the main paint if u know what i mean

That type of Cummins engines called NTC (the kit engine is a NTC 475 Twin Turbo) were usually sand beige when they left the factory, the later N14 are black with sometimes red rocker covers and the even later ISX/Signature engines are red.
But if you're doing a custom truck the engine can be whatever color you like.

Edited by Force

Did not know you had this build already going Thomas. You will have lots of smart truck guys to help. I have one to build. My brothel has a 2000 Pete with the Signature Cummings engine and his is all red. You can use what color you want ..... The Cummings I have seen was a light beige color..

tys slusher i did look it up on the net found that it was red thats y i went with it so it came out looking good now i just got start the frame soon might be black not to sure if some can let me know what thay think of the color would be a big or a web site that i can go to to find that out would be great help

This is a generic truck with an imaginary name so real references for it can't be found anywhere...the model kit itself was when it was first made originally intended to look like Stepp's Towing Service's Can-Do Pete 379 from Orlando Fl, but Revell didn't go all the way and made it correct as the kit is a 359 and the real truck is a 379, the kit has a Cummins NTC 475 Twin Turbo and the real truck had a Caterpillar 3406...and this kit is a straight repop of that one with different decals.
As for the frame...lots of trucks has black or grey frames but they can be any color you like as customs are plentiful...some are even the same color as the body.

Edited by Force

yes mopar its is my frist big rig one lol i know i do most 1. 24 cars but i have to do one of this kind lol . and for the last two days we got 46cm of snow in kamloops bc we got hit hard i will get a pic of for u guys

Edited by dragzz