Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Guy from Ohio

Hello all!

I have been lurking around for awhile, decided to finally create an account. In what seems to be a common theme, I was heavy into building when I was younger and am now revisiting the hobby. I attended the Detroit NNL a few months back with a friend and became instantly re-hooked. The last models I built were about 16-17 years ago, my intrest in the hobby in my teens drove me to a career in the design field. Ten years ago i graduated from the Art Insitiute of Pittsburgh with Bachelor's degree in industrial design, with a major in automotive design. Shortly after graduating I obtianed a design career in the Exhibit and POP display industry, the career has been great, but i do miss playing with cars.

I still have my 1:1 scale toys, but the small ones are more budget and time friendly.

Here is my 1966 impala, I purchased this car when i was 17 (oddly when my modeling days stopped) Try to upgrade it every couple years, last year the I did the interior of the trunk.

DSC04994.jpg

08117970-B683-4ED0-9E5B-96E67D60B43C.jpg

My daily, which is basically a post apocalyptic model... just 1:1 scale.

1395D214-0D1F-4FCE-8A88-B3CFCE4F72BF.jpg

Revisiting this hobby has been a great release of creative energy and ideas. I will be creating a project log for the 1950 Ford Showrod pickup I am building, excited to see some feedback and make new friends in the modeling world!

Welcome. Love how cleanly done the Impala is... and the Neon is hysterically awesome too.

I too had the same trouble... turned 17, and somehow forgot how to build model cars... ended up with 2 mustangs and a plymouth scamp in 1:1. Went all the way up to 4 mustangs, a Lincoln, and my pickup truck before I downsized a little. Now trying to get back into the hobby again.

• 2 weeks later...