Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's not hard. Why don't more posters use photos in their threads?

Greg Myers

Couple more minor points...first to address Greg's original question: "Here's a thread... http://www.modelcars...showtopic=97788 using photos to enhance their answers... Why not include a picture to enhance your message and really get the point across?"

It's very easy to upload photos here sourced on the web, to illustrate technical answers. Occasionally it can be a little sticky, but there is always a way.

Also, photos uploaded from computers, phones etc. are very often not visible to visitors, or even members who aren't logged in. People thinking they're not getting a lot of feedback on their work may want to remember this.

Interesting that posting is easy. I don't know, but my Internet Explorer won't let me load pictures at all so I have to go to Firefox and go between the two to get photo from either bucket or fotki then load em in the posting. I get it done, but the initial photo session might stop some.ie phone camera pics

greg

I was having a problem that was easily remedied thanx to my new BFF - we'll call him CL for short.

windows menu - tools - compatibility view - a box pops up with the website. click ADD, and close. your browser window will refresh and you'll have more happiness in your life than ever before.

I've used this trick on other websites too.

sometimes, I have to uncheck. these are mysteries of the computer and i'll never understand.

A couple of points...

You people that still use IE are generally the ones that have all the problems. IE doesn't handle this site well, and seems to have all sorts of problems with other sites, too. Dump IE and get a better browser and your problems will go away. Try Firefox or Chrome.

Second... posting photos directly from your computer is a bad idea, and if you do it, you won't be able to do it for very long. This site limits you to a very small amount of photo hosting space, because this site is not meant to be a photo hosting site. The right way to do it is to open a photo hosting account, put all your photos there, and then just post the link to your photo)s) here. That way, the actual image remains parked on your photo hosting site, taking up space on their servers (as they are designed for) instead of taking up space on this site's server.

And finally... I have a free Photobucket account. I've had it since 2005 or so. I have thousands of photos there, and as of today I am at 19% of my allotted space for a free account. Never has even one of my photos disappeared from my PB albums. I suspect that you people who think you're having PB problems are actually having web browser problems, and my guess is that most of you are running IE.

Totally agree with Harry. It is much easier to force hundreds or thousands of non-technical users to install and figure out a third party browser than it is to fix the website. Use Firefox or Chrome.

Then YOU pay for the website to be made compatible with IE...which is crapp.

Any reasonably intelligent 8-year-old can install Firefox or Chrome.