Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rolex 24 at Daytona - Saturday 2:00 pm on FOX

You could also be building a model!

Gary Kulchock and friends sponsor the 24 hour build each year during this race. This is the NINTH annual build. Start building a new model at noon on Saturday and build straight through the night until noon on Sunday. Gary actually has a group of guys doing this at his house, complete with wives bringing refreshments throughout the night. The rest of us build at our homes, keeping in touch with the group by posting progress photos and messages on the FaceBook group during the build. Gary also will put your photos on his Fotki site, or link to your photo site. There's nothing like posting pictures at 3am and instantly having people respond.

The build is a lot of fun. Choose a fairly simple kit, it does have to be full detail with an engine. It helps to have one that is expendable and one that you have duplicates of in case you need a part. I am in my third year. In the past two, I built the Miss Deal Funny Car and a Dodge A100 pickup. This year I am doing the old Ertl International Scout.

It doesn't matter if you actually finish, it's all the fun of trying. You also learn a bit about building and yourself as well. I now build a bit more efficiently as a result. Here's the link for more information and to sign up:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/455951714469809/

If you aren't on FaceBook or have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Here is the complete broadcast schedule

Television Broadcast:
  • 2:00 - 4:00 PM ET
    1/24/2015
    FOX
  • 4:00 - 8:00 PM ET
    1/24/2015
    FOX Sports 2
  • 8:00 - 10:00 PM ET
    1/25/2015
    FOX Sports 1
  • 10:00 PM - 7 AM ET